NC source for lacewood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Have you tried Steve Wall Lumber Co in Mebane? I got some there a couple of yrs ago. Be careful with it though, some people are allergic to it.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Be really really carefull with lacewood. The first two times I used it I did not have any problems. I did have some itching around my eyes but did not think to much of it. The third time was not the charm. Luckily I was on the way to see my doctor for a checkup when I started to have problems breathing. When I made it to the doctors office both eyes were almost swollen shut and I could hardly breath. It took them less than a minute to stick a needle in my arm. I was out of commision for almost two weeks.

It took a little while to realize it was the lacewood. But being stuborn and stupid I decided to use the small amount of lacewood I had left for some inlay work. I took all kind of precautions but cutting one short piece was all it took for my eyes to start ithcing. If I had any doubts the lacewood caused my problems this convinced me.

Hope you find what you are looking for and do not have any problems with it.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
You guys are starting to scare me. I had a bad reaction to leopardwood a couple weeks ago, and I'd like to avoid a repeat!

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Depending on how urgent the need, I think Capitol City Hardwood stocks it (by the Vet School).

-Mark

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I have not been able to find lacewood in a while either. Stores try to sell Leopard as lace, but it's a completely different animal and does not work anywhere nearly as nicely as true lacewood (australian silky oak). never thought to try cap city - their prices are usually absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS