Nakashima Table Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the kind comments and help. I like the suggestion of Georgette, but I like Norma better (since I have a Unisaw and a DJ-30) :gar-La;.

I just delivered the piece yesterday. The customers were very pleased. Here are some final pictures:

The overall table
final-table.jpg

The end view
final-end.jpg

and a closeup of one of the butterfly keys
key.jpg

This was a fun project. Originally we were going to have straight edges on the inside, but the customers decided not to in order to make the table a little wider. The overall size is 36-40" wide (depending on end) by 8'3" long and around 29 1/2" high.

Amy

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the kind comments and help. I like the suggestion of Georgette, but I like Norma better (since I have a Unisaw and a DJ-30) :gar-La;.

I just delivered the piece yesterday. The customers were very pleased. Here are some final pictures:

The overall table
final-table.jpg

The end view
final-end.jpg

and a closeup of one of the butterfly keys
key.jpg

This was a fun project. Originally we were going to have straight edges on the inside, but the customers decided not to in order to make the table a little wider. The overall size is 36-40" wide (depending on end) by 8'3" long and around 29 1/2" high.

Amy

Excellent job Amy!! Love the Butterflys!!

DavidF

New User
David
Great work Amy, that's a big piece to work on which seems to maake everything that much harder. I am sure it will lead to more work from friends of the client - so what's next????

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Marvelous work, the sheer size of the project is intimidating, especially when working with boards "au naturel". I really like the contrast between sapwood and hardwood in this project. Even though I'm personally not crazy about the big gap in the middle, I think it works better than if the interior edges had been straight. Glad the client decided to go that way. It really puts the wood front and center.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Amy,
The more I look at it, the more I like it. And the fit of the butterflys is amazing :icon_thum

Great job by you with due credit to John!
Roger

b4man

New User
Barbara
Amy,

What a thrill it's been to be able to observe your journey building the spectacular table.
Thanks for taking us along through pix and descriptions.

It must have been difficult to let it go even if it was a relief to finish it.
:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS