My Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Heh, this is my current workbench. I'd like to build something based on a torsion box design. I have a few photos of a couple I like. I'll post them in a minute. I have to find them first.

Attachments

• My Workbench.jpg
    My Workbench.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 215
M

McRabbet

Combination workbench and tanning salon -- a bit messy when it rains, though...:lol:

Rob

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Your workbench looks better than the one I used a few years ago when I finally got serious about making sawdust as a hobby. It was a short piece of plywood on two sawhorses.

I've just got to ask about your avatar. Is that a photo of a tree looking up the trunk?

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Splinter said:
I've just got to ask about your avatar. Is that a photo of a tree looking up the trunk?

Yes it is. A Giant Redwood from the Sequoia National Forest near where my niece lives in California. That there's alot of outdoor furniture! LOL 8-O

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
You'll find there are several of us around here that don't have a showcase bench yet. I have a slightly more permanent work surface that I just recently added a vice to. I also use an old hollow core door on 2 sawhorses as a temporary work surface / assembly / finishing table. All of these become somewhat worthless when I try and do any serious hand planing or carving, that is when you really appreciate the value of a good heavy bench. :icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Anna,

there was multipurpose bench on the old 'Blue Highway Tour' website that used a torsion box. It was pretty massive. IIRC, I have seen a link for it, as the pdf has been made available publicly. I even think I downloaded it. No copyright concerns, If I can find it I will add it here.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I just built a "redneck version" of the David Marks assembly table. I just threw together a 2x4 frame with two layers of mdf on top. It may not be completely flat, but I also plan to use and abuse this assembly table/ workbench area. If I had known about the table Steve D posted the link to I probably would have built that one. It woudln't have taken much more time either.

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
My benches (I built two of the same) are torsion box design. The top is a torsion box and the base is made of three torsion boxes bolted togther. The boxes are build from 2x4 and 5/8" plywood, glued and screwed. Very cheap to build, weighs a ton and is rock solid. They also have a place for storage and a way to build in a vice and bench dogs. I never got around to building in the vice

I got the plans from a magazine. I think it was american woodworker. I Think I may still have the plans if you want them send me a PM.

I don't have the time or desire to build a showy workbench. I'd rather use my valuble shop time on furniture for the house not the workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS