My Turn! (I mean my first turn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I completed a bowl today out of black walnut that I got from Rod. It's my first turning! It was a lot of fun and I still have both my eyes and all fingers. Now I just need to pull the trigger and buy my own lathe!
IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Another one bites the dust, welcome to the dark side, you can checkout any time you like.
But you can never leave! .
Nice bowl....fun ain't it :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Way to go Brian:icon_thum.That is a good lookimg bowl.Man I never noticed before but we only live about 6mi apart.We need to get together sometime.I don't have a bowl chuck {YET} but I do have the stuff to make a pen.I'll pm you with my phone #.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
You will never look at a tree the same way ever again. :gar-La; Nice job. :eusa_clap Welcome to the dark side!!!!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great job, Brian. If you don't have a lathe, did you turn it on your cordless drill???:gar-La;
Welcome to the dark side...

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Nice job, Brian!

You just proved the old saying once again, "One good turn deserves another" - GO FOR THAT LATHE!! :rolf:

Jim

jimwill48

James
Nice looking bowl Brian. Knew you would soon be hooked after our talk you seemed just to interested. Need to give you a call about some lumber soon. Talk at you later.

JAmes

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work on the bowl Brian! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Looks like we "flat wood" people just lost another one. :eusa_doh::rotflm:

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Good job buddy.

You know that is how I started too. Working from a buddy's lathe. Here it is a year latter and everytime someone on this site shopws off their peice of art or a new fantastic turning tool.
Well lets just say that I have to tie my right leg to the bottom of the desk.

one of these days that desk is coming with me. My leg is getting stronger and I can feel the dark side creeping over me.:wink_smil

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Super bowl, Brian. :cool: Alas, another member has fallen for the siren's song of the lathe. The path is flat and narrow (until you glue up some panels).

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Brian - I see that you went to the DARK side but I feel deep down in your heart you still have true love for that flat wood:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors