My spring project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
It was finally time for our kitchen project to begin. I had a dream of making all the cabinets myself but time and talent ran out and we opted to purchase some Thomasville cabinets.

The project started with a tear out of the old floor. I put this floor in twenty years ago and it was not going to come up peacefully. I ended up using an air gun and rip up the tile peice by peice. That took the better part of three days.

highchair_023.jpg

Here the floor tile has been removed and my dog is giving it the final inspection before I begin to retile.

highchair_022.jpg

Next came the removal of the old cabinets along with some of the drywall. I used a sawsall for the cabinet removal and a roto zip to remove the drywal were the old backsplash was located. During this phase we also did some major rewiring and installed new lights.

kitchen_mess_006.jpg

Drywall has been replaced and we are ready for the new cabinets

DSC03947.JPG

Things then got real hectic and I didn't take a lot of pictures. The final product is below and best of all, the wife is happy. The cabinets are Thomasville from Home Depot, the flooring is Moca stone from Lowes, the granite countertops are from CES in Mooresville,and the new 60/40 sink and faucet we got off of Ebay. We found a great granite guy in Mooresville that not only did a fantastic job of fabricating and installation, but he also did it in 5 days for less than half the price of anyone else we contacted. If any one is interested, Pm me and I'll be happy to pass on his inoformation. As for now, the project is completed, Wife is happy, and I have the rest of the summer to watch the Cubs loose and drink margarita's.
Life am good.​

DSC03953.JPG
DSC03952.JPG

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful job!

Your faucet looks like the one we had in our house in NH. Grohe LadyLux? Grohe's customer service is excellent. The spray pattern button on ours ripped after a few years use and they sent us a new replacement head right away.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Beautiful job Mark! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I've found that the best way of ripping up tile is to use a mini-sledge hammer and just bash the heck out of it. Still, that is definitely not fun work. :swoon: Looks fantastic! Did you do the tile floor and backsplash yourself? Your granite guy did an excellent job as well. Definitely try to send him some business. :icon_thum

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Mark,
Yes, it's a lady lux. We bought it off Ebay new for under $300. Thought that was a steal.

Trent,
Yes, the tile work is mine and it may be my last because it almost did me in. The floor was a killer on my knees and the backsplash took about a million cuts on a saw but the results were worth it, lt least for this last time.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, and well done on the tiles! Tiling is extremely hard work, and not just the actual installation. Just carrying the boxes of tile, thin set and grout is back breaking. But you definitely did the smart thing tackling that and buying the cabinets instead of the other way around.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful job!! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

LOML wanted tile backsplash, but of course it had to be "diamond shaped". The pain of a thousand cuts!! So, now that you are the "expert" in tile work, guess whose relatives are gonna come callin' wanting theirs done (DAMHIKT) :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

No good deed goes unpunished.

Go

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
SPRING PROJECT!!!!!!:elvis::elvis::elvis::elvis:

That would manage to do in a Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and even then I may be able to complete the demo!:gar-La;:gar-La;

Very well done, Mark.

Everything looks very professional and I am sure that the value added to your home is one of the best investments one good make.

So...........will your shop looks this good soon?:wsmile:

Thanks for sharing all of the WIP pics and the text detail.

Congrats on a job well done!

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Great looking finish to a tough job! I'd never attempt that. (Man's gotta know his limitations!)
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors