My new score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin510

New User
Dustin
I stumbled on this lathe around May time and haven't been able to use it much because of working as a raft guide and living on the river... away from my new obsession. But the few times I've stood at it for 6+ hours have been phenomenal, for the exception of the banjo breaking 3 times now. I've gotten it brazed back in 3 different places, about time to find a new one. If anyone has any better suggestions than ebay to find an old cast banjo with a hole for a 1" shank tool rest let me know. But here it is, without the belt. 1953 Homecraft.

DSC068611.JPG

View image in gallery

Jim Roche

jim
User
If you're not a fan of ebay (which usually have a lot of banjo's), you might want to try:
WWW.OWWM.COM (now called Vintage Machine but the link will still get you there). Look under the "BOYD" section which is where the classifieds are. If you dont see one there you can place a "WTB" wanted to buy ad and you may have some luck there. That is a great site for older machines and a lot of parts get bought and sold over there too.
Hope this helps.
Jim

dustin510

New User
Dustin
Thanks Jim. I am constantly on ebay looking, and find a few thank don't look chinsey. But every time I go to bid, I get outbid immediately as if someone has one of those automatic bid-upper programs. I will try that website though, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS