My microshop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhall

New User
Darryl
Joey, you have some nice skills going for you. I really, really like the cabinet of drawers you built. If you are in Gastonia, I am not far from you. Would you mind if I stopped in sometime to check out the cabinet?

Last edited:

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Truly impressive, Joey!! Thanks for the inspiration, which I hope to put to use when we finally move.
Russ

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Jealousness setting in.... Very nicely done. I love it, I may copy your tool cabinet design some if you don't mind. Thanks for sharing...

g0a

New User
Joey
Thx guys. And anyone local would be more than welcome to come by and check it out . Feel free to use anything you see for inspiration, I'd be honored. Hopefully. I can get some more finished soon. More to come...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'm mightily impressed by the organization in your tool cabinet. For the two drawers you showed w/ no partitions or dividers, have you considered using the rubber matting like they use in mechanics tool boxes? It's not perfect, but it helps keep the tools from sliding around when you open/close the drawers.

Bill

g0a

New User
Joey
Yeah im gonna do some sort of liner just havent decided yet. I love organized stuff. Im gonna build my own version of a pliersrack that i use at work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347820679.501749.jpg

g0a

New User
Joey
Thx guys and yes the pvc bill has been astounding :) probably 600$ or so so far. I have to build more drops for my Oss , sliding miter saw , 12" disc sander, and a floor sweep

They all will go on the long wall to the left of my table saw.
Gonna have to build a cabinet along that wall with more drawers and all these tools atop them
The spot where the drill is in this pic is where the miter saw will go. Gonna try and build the dust hood like the woodnerd uses as it appears to be the best for sliders
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347854981.336748.jpg

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
You have a great setup and your organization practices have kept it very tidy. Small footprint, yes but you are setup well and can certainly do sme woodworking in there!

cskipper

Cathy
Looks like you've done an outstanding job on managing the area you do have available. Did you make the dividers in any of the drawers adjustable?

g0a

New User
Joey
Thanks for all the nice responses guys The brown drawer dividers are actually small boxes made of 1/4 mdf and are removable if i wanna take the tools over to the bench

The red bins are injection molded boxes as wellImageUploadedByTapatalk1347906280.830242.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347906176.230930.jpg

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
This looks great. Nice layout and nice work!
I now feel like an under achiever...and I've got some work to do..... maybe later.:D

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
Wonder how much it costs to build this nice cabinet?
Would it cost less if just go out buy the HF one? (44" for $350?)

g0a

New User
Joey
Probably cost more but i have 26x48 drawers that are self closing. The cheap hf units are 16-18" deep.
I probably have 6-700 or so in the box. Maybe less

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
Probably cost more but i have 26x48 drawers that are self closing. The cheap hf units are 16-18" deep.
I probably have 6-700 or so in the box. Maybe less

I am talking about this: http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85668&page=120 (the $349 one) that with dimension 44-3/4" L x 18-1/2" W x 40" H (http://www.harborfreight.com/44-13-drawer-gloss-red-industrial-uality-roller-cabinet-68784.html) . Was considering storage solutions, and yours is definitely elegant.

image_20270.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS