My microshop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0a

New User
Joey
Christmas Brought me a Woodpeckers Super Fence. Cant wait to play with this.

This thing is heavy well built and precise. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356488650.928599.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356488665.864292.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356488677.122958.jpg

g0a

New User
Joey
Finally got a chance to play some today. Started work on the Dust Collection boxes for the Router table. I Needed an access door to change motor speeds so I scavenged some old hinges from a storage cabinet i tore down

Little forstner bit and Drill press action and im ready
Added a 1.5 radius to the corners so i wont gash my self open while changing speeds

These will attach to the bottomof the router table with L brackets from CShardware and also have a 4" port at bottom for dust extractionImageUploadedByTapatalk1358135467.870629.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358135479.888492.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice, that should get most of the router dust. :eusa_danc Good point about changing the router speeds. I have the same lift which makes above-the-table bit changes possible, but you still need to get to the little wheel. Kind of primitive, when you think about it. Wonder which mfg. is going to supply a router with a remote for that.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Your boxes with doors makes me (self) dope slap :BangHead::BangHead:

I recently built a scrap wood dust containment box around my (TS extension) router... very pleased with myself!!
Then I went to use the setup and needed to adjust bit height... and realized I had a choice of
1. tearing down my setup with fence position and lift the router plate
or 2 - tearing open the box I had just built.
I chose #1.

I had neglected to consider that sometimes needed adjustment and built a solid box - not allowing access to the router motor and the bit height adjustment (PC 690 router)!!!!! Lesson learned - although I still haven't created that access door.

Henry

g0a

New User
Joey
I think MLCS has the motorized router lift IIRC

I love the PRL.
I Love woodpeckers so much they all hang out at my house lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358139996.074099.jpg

Third box is finished and Im happy to be back on track.
Think Ill have the port exit the rear of the box to minimize depth towards the floor I need somewhere to store sheet goods flat ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358140087.300784.jpg

g0a

New User
Joey
I think I wasnt paying enough attention Bas. You probably meant a remote speed setting.
Milwaukee had a big 3.5 hp router made for Jessem with an external speed control via a cable to a box with a dial on it

Not sure if they still make it or not

lottathought

New User
Michael
I actually need to take a lot of notes here. Unlike my last place where the shop shared everything and it's brother with the garage, in the new place, it is dedicated. It is about the size of a long single car garage though. YOu have already given me some great ideas.

g0a

New User
Joey
Glad to help. Hope you guys can use some of my ideas. Im looking around for new ones too :)

I also am getting a new toy for tomorrow to install.

g0a

New User
Joey
Got a cool new upgrade put in tonight.

After messing with heavy hoses and cheap reels for years I finally found Flexzilla hoses

Best hose Ive used.
No memory and lighter than anything in its size range.
This reel is a Levelwind design that lays the hose flat across the reel when retracted. Makes for Really smooth operation.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358302678.586151.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358302690.369416.jpg

g0a

New User
Joey
Mounted boxes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358476678.061742.jpg

Also got tired of trying to remember my router speeds since they're marked on top of routers.
I just made labels ,with the speed in thousands.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358476771.097548.jpg

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Wow! I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I'm getting ready to break ground on my shop/garage. I'll incorporate several of your ideas into my shop. Organization is one of the issues I have to deal with. Thanks for all the ideas and keep up the great work. Love the shop, the layout, the use of all the little spaces!

wdwrkr

New User
wdwrkr
Love Frankensaw. The other nice thing besides two saws already set up to do what you need is the increased table area - can't have too much flat surface area.
Looks like you have a small fortune invested in 6"PVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS