My little pony

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Been working on a couple-three rather challenging projects for some members here and decided to take a little break and do something for myself :mrgreen:

Gallop.jpg

View image in gallery

I adapted and created the pattern from a Dover coloring page
1/4" BB finished with lemon oil, sealer and Deft. #1 and #3 spiral

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

Be on the lookout for Mike Davis' cherry tree thief in the not-so-distant future :eusa_danc

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
As always great work. By the way you got me started using lemon oil. You were right Smells much better than blo. What are you using as a sealer?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I can hear the hoofbeats! :wsmile: Another great job, Big Man! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sawduster

New User
Robert
As always great work. By the way you got me started using lemon oil. You were right Smells much better than blo. What are you using as a sealer?

Right now Deft sanding sealer after drying overnite unless I find something better . I have 2 fans in my shop and generally set the piece(s) in front of one to help the process along before sealing

Thanx for the kind words everyone ....it's very kewl to have a place to share the fruits of our labors :eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Great job as usual! When I use spirals I get that rough edge with vertical lines(|||||). Do you sand a lot or how do you prevent that?

sawduster

New User
Robert
Great job as usual! When I use spirals I get that rough edge with vertical lines(|||||). Do you sand a lot or how do you prevent that?

Cathy, I use the FD ' new " spirals and run the saw faster than with flat blades. I also change the blade more often as a sharper blade cuts cleaner . I keep the feed slightly aggressive but steady and do not stop until the cut is finished . If I must stop I cut in to the waste area if possible before stopping . I also stack cut ....always, regardless of the pattern or how many I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors