My Introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomM

New User
Tom
Hello Fellow Woodworkers,

I'm a retired (former software developer) amateur woodworker living in Durham. My shop is in my garage. I've been working wood for about 15 years now, gradually learning and getting better at it.

I tend to take my time building things as I like to learn the best methods and acquire good tools as I go along. I have a Delta Unisaw, a Delta band saw, a Powermatic jointer, a Delta drill press, and a number of routers. I use these as needed but I enjoy using hand tools and tend to use them whenever I can. I have a good set of high-quality handplanes (Lie-Nielsen and Veritas) and I'm generally able to achieve the results I want from them but I'm always eager to learn more.

I'm currently near the end of my biggest project yet, a Stickley-style bookcase made of red oak, which I've been working on for a looooonnnng time. But so far it looks good.

I'm thrilled to see this active community of woodworkers and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Thanks,
TomM

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom!

We should use your intro for a template for all those Raleigh/Durham folks. I think it fits a whole bunch. :rotflm:

timf67

New User
Tim
don't forget to post pictures of you bookcase so that we can "borrow" your design :gar-Bi

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Tom,

Welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy the ww'g community here at NCWW. Post some pics of past projects and we look forward to the red oak bookcase.

Dan C.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Greetings Tom! Can't wait to see a pic of the finished bookcase! Projects take as long as they take. At least thats what I tell myself :p

Jim

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Tom. Glad you've found us and we welcome you!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker Tom . Please ignore Mike Davis 's remark about using a template. This site is very personal. We do not use templates. Or standard responses. Everything is tailored. I look forward to seeing pictures of your Stickley-style bookcase .

:gar-Bi

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Hey Tom!

Welcome! It sounds like you've got a shop full of some real nice toys- Do you need to adopt a son in his late 30's? Seriously, Welcome, and if there's anything I can help you out with, just let me know!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Tom. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I really like your outlook on woodworking. Just take your time and learn as much as you can along the way (and buy tools along the way :tool:). Looking forward to your input and seeing some pictures of your work. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS