My interesting cabinet deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

One of my brother's neighbor's has been in the wholesale cabinet business, but has decided to sell it. He has been bringing in inexpensive cabinets from over seas and selling them here. The point to all this is that he had lots of cabinets left over that he told my brother to take as many as he wants. Brother calls me, I make some measurements and of we go to collect some cabinets. After all the dust has settled I now have 32 cabinets in my shop in boxes. There are some going in the kitchen, some in the laundry room remodel and many more in the shop somewhere.
(in case anyone asks the cabinets are all gone)

Of course the best part is they were FREE!

Below is a picture of my full shop, and then one of the wall cabinets.

cabinets%201.jpg

cabinets%202.jpg

cabinets%203.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Ohhhh.. Everyone repeat after me..."Free is good, Free is good, Free is good."

That definately qualifies for an official YOU SUCK!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
SUCKUS MAGNUS the species of woodworker who always seems to get the unbelievable deals.
Dang that is a cool deal you got, and not bad looking cabs. to boot.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Good for you!!! I can't believe it... why is it that I always have to PAY for things... :crybaby2:

M

McRabbet

Tom,

I'd love to have a wall cabinet for my shop -- what is available? I'm coming to the picnic and maybe I can squeeze one into my trunk. Can you let me know dimensions? I realize it is sacrilegious to be thinking about getting a cabinet after making one in Woodguy's class last weekend, but free is free!

Thanks.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
"In all honesty I really am done with tools now."
- Woodguy1975 (5/2/2006, 8:21 AM)

Monty, I love that SIG!

SMOKING Deal you got Tom. YOU SUCK!

4yanks

New User
Willie
Tom,

I think you have one of the nicest shops I have seen on-line; those cabinets will only improve your prestige with me. Congrats!!!

T

toolferone

D L Ames said:
Were you able to get all the right sizes you needed?
D L

For the kitchen and laundry yes I was able to get what I wanted. The shop is a little more varied but should work out okay.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Tom,

Free cabinets? That's almost as good a getting a free... let's see, maybe a free... radial arm saw. DaveO may have discovered and named a whole new disease (in this thread)... the Suckus Magnus Syndrome.

Nice score!

Ray

T

toolferone

4yanks said:
Tom,

I think you have one of the nicest shops I have seen on-line; those cabinets will only improve your prestige with me. Congrats!!!

You are much to kind.There are some great shops out there. I am very lucky to have mine. I have a very supporitive LOML. The shop still has a long way to go before it is done though.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score Tom. It's hard to beat FREE! Do you really think your shop will ever be DONE? I'm not sure anyone's shop will ever be completely done until a cure for this disease is found:-D
Take care,

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Yet another DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom. Your "DEALS" are getting to be a almost weekly occurrence!

Congrats and hope that you find a good spot for all those cabinets - to store more TOOLS!

Wayne

T

toolferone

PappyJ said:
Do you really think your shop will ever be DONE? I'm not sure anyone's shop will ever be completely done until a cure for this disease is found:-D
Take care,

Randy, I understand your thoughts, but I have a level of done in mind for my shop. That is when I am no longer working on the building is: insulation, wall covering, ceiling, hvac, floor sealed, etc... That's when I will call my shop done. I still don't think I will ever get there though:crybaby2: .

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm not done, and I don't know that I ever will be. I just rerouted 220V electrical, reworked dust collection, and intend to move my lumber rack. I hope to reach "satisfaction" at some point.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Tom you sure stumble across some good deals. I remember the saw you rebuilt and sold. Maybe you should consider having a training session at the store on how to find good deals. :)

M

McRabbet

Doh :slap: -- In my eagerness for a freebie, I guess I just can't read very well. And, on top of that, I've had to change plans and I'm not going to make the picnic either!
Rob
toolferone said:
Rob sorry the cabinets where just for my brother and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS