My First Wedding Goblet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
I recently bought Cindy Drozdas "Elegant Finials" video and wanted to try something skinny with a bunch of shapes. So, I decided on a wedding goblet. This is the most enjoyment I've had turning to date. As I was wasting away the excess cherry, I practiced the three main cuts, V, bead and cove so when it came time for the ones that counted I had fresh practice. I did the hollowing with my EWT finishing tool and all else with my new Thompson Tools 3/8 detail gouge with Thompson Tools Handle. I also had a chance to use my new steady rest.
Steady_Goblet.jpg

I'm not happy with how the rings came out, they look more like grommets. The goblet is cherry and is 5.5" tall by 2" is diameter with a single coat of tung oil, more to coats to follow. Comments and Criticism need.
Wedding_Goblet.jpg

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
The goblet looks awesome.:thumbs_up I was wondering how the steady rest works, i think think I get the gist of it now. I'm not a turner yet(unfortunately), but the only thing I would change with the goblet is maybe making the base a little wider. But thats coming from a guys who has no idea what went into making it in the first place, so take it for what its worth.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:icon_thum Nate that looks great - I see now that I am going to have to get one of those stedy rest -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS