My first Box Joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturi

New User
Mark
Definitely nice looking but maybe you should list them on Ebay instead of storing them in fancy wooden boxes. You can buy more tools that way! I was recently thinking about making box joints but couldn't think of a reason to make something. Thanks for the inspiration.
Sadly enough, I owned a 45 or two. Just don't remember the titles.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Yeh... and I've got a box of the ancient cylinder records! Does that make me older than dirt? :rolf: Actually I gave the cylinders to my uncle who has the player for them.

Great looking joints and boxes!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Definitely nice looking but maybe you should list them on Ebay instead of storing them in fancy wooden boxes. You can buy more tools that way! I was recently thinking about making box joints but couldn't think of a reason to make something. Thanks for the inspiration.
Sadly enough, I owned a 45 or two. Just don't remember the titles.

Mark, I suggested the Ebay option to LOML and and and.....well you can probably guess what response I got. She has some by Johnny Cash that were recorded at Sun Records in Memphis. For you younger folks that is where Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins all got their start. She has a much much larger 33 1/3 collection. She really likes the old music.

mturi

New User
Mark
Now I'd like to say..."all the more reason to list them on eBay" but don't push your luck for now. They will be worth more in the new boxes when she decides to sell them to buy tools for you. Well, you never know. Enjoy your music.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
As for that old vinyl, I think of what a guy told me years ago when I wanted to buy the old trailer and lot he had down at the beach: "They ain't making no more land so I'll keep what I got". That trailer is now gone but that $3000 lot is now worth about $300,000. If you keep that vinyl in good shape, it may make a good inheritance for a grand young'in. Those boxes should protect them nicely.
Anybody know where I can find an old 78 rpm player that uses cactus needles? I'd like to get some of my old one's recorded onto cds.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors