Mushrooms anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Had this small tree trunk sitting around my shop for a few months and today I decided to get it out of my way. I've always wanted to try my hand at a mushroom and this is the result.

That one was so much fun I decided to do a group of mushrooms. These mushrooms are from some spalted maple I had with a base made from leftovers of the first mushroom.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I think these are way cool. Next time you do one you should do a vid for the how to form. I havent ever tried one but they look fun.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool, I really like them. I tried Shrooms many years ago...and it didn't turn out as well as yours ;)

Dave:)

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Nice work. I have turned a few mushrooms. Enjoy turning green wood for a change. I really like the 3 together on a base. I have not seen that done before.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
How ironic, making mushrooms out of spalted stock. The fungi facilitates funner fungi.:icon_scra

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job Bob - the more LOML sees these I think the more chances are that I am going to have to do a few for her:eusa_danc

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
I mounted it between centers and then turned it down to the shape I wanted. When it was finished and sanded, I used a cutoff tool to turn a small nub on both ends. I then used a small saw to cut the ends off. A little sanding top and bottom, and there it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS