Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Bill,

I was very happy with the turnout we had. I hope we get that many again. I know moving is not anybody's favorite thing to do. It's hard enough to get people together just to come out and eat and have fun.

I promise to make it worth while one way or another.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Mike, I got to drop off some stuff at the dump, which opens 8am on Sat. I should easily be there by 10am.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Remodel continues even as we move.

The downstairs bath room is getting a huge facelift and some new fixtures.

IMG_06841.JPG

IMG_06821.JPG

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
That's going to be a real show place when you finish, Mike. Incidentally, the hardwood floors upstairs looked really good when I saw them Saturday.

Any plans for phase III of the move? Let me know if you need help.

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I want to finish this weekend but I think the girls have other plans. I make sure tonight but it looks like next weekend.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Next weekend turned into almost a month!

We hope to make another big dent in the move this Saturday, Jan 8.

If anyone can help please PM or e-mail to let me know.

Thanks!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'll be there Mike. Same time as last time? You know they're calling for 1-2" of snow tonight? :wsmile: Just like old times. :eusa_danc

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Can anybody help next Saturday, Jan 29?

We have some large furniture, the rest of the shop and still more lumber.

This is taking a long time, but 12 years of building a homestead catches up with you. :rotflm:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'll be there Mike. Same time, same place? Let me know. Who knows, we might even have good weather for a change. :nah:

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If anyone wants to come help Mike move but doesn't feel like making the drive, you're welcome to ride w/ me. I'll be leaving from Liberty (NE corner of Randolph county) Saturday morning (29th), going up through Greensboro, Stokesdale, and Walnut Cove. I can meet you anywhere along the way. Love to have the company. :icon_thum

Bill

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
Hey Mike, finally got my ducks lined up. I will be there with Andy at 10:00 on Saturday. Do you need the truck and trailer or just the truck? Not sure how much is left to move, just let me know.

Jesse..

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Jesse,

the trailer would be helpful, I would like to finish moving all of the furniture this time. That would leave the lumber and some outside stuff.

See you Saturday, 10 am at the farm.

THANKS!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'll be there about 10 Mike. I'll bring my trailer again. Hope we can get most of your BIG stuff moved.
The following smiley faces are not an indication of sarcasm on my part....:rotflm::gar-Bi:gar-La;:saw:Do you need an appliance dolly or hand cart?:dontknow:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Mike, I am really sorry to have to cancel on you tomorrow, but my shop buddy is very sick. Beth tried to get her into the Vet's today, but they can't see her until 10:30 tomorrow, and Beth has to work. Again, I'm very sorry to have to back out on you at this late hour, but I just got home from work and found out the situation. I hope all goes well tomorrow for all of you.:embaresse

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The weather was beautiful (for a change) and we had a really productive day helping Mike get moved. Those coming to help were Jim (jmauldin), Jesse (meredj) and his son Andy, and me (Bill Clemmons). We started about 10:00 am and didn't finish until well after dark. I think we've got all the big stuff out of the house and most of Mike's shop moved. The only heavy stuff left is the rest of Mike's shop and his lumber stash.

More pics here.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS