Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We're moving my shop, all my wood and our library this weekend.

Could use some help loading books in boxes, setting shelves in place and reloading shelves if anybody has some time on Friday, Saturday or Sunday please let me know.

We have three who will drive trucks/trailers and I think that will be great. But really need help loading wood, machinery and setting up new shop.

Buying this house has left me with limited resources but I will make sure that everyone who helps will be rewarded in some way. Even if it is only a good meal and my thanks for now.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Mike,

Wish I was able to make it up! Got too much going on around here.

Best of luck on the move!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Mike I'm planning to help you Sat. Do you want me at your Westfield home address? Please post that address again so I can put it in the GPS. Even though I've been there before, GPS saves making wrong turns.
Do you want me to bring the trailer, or just the truck?:icon_scra

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, I wish that I could make it up, but I am slammed on just about everything here at the farm with no letup in sight. Best of luck to you.

Scott

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I think yesterday can best be described as two trailers, four trucks, seven men, and one great day for moving and getting to know some fellow woodworkers. And with all that, "Phase I" is probably a good assessment of what we accomplished yesterday. I don't know about a phase 100 Mark, but I can sure see a phase 4 or 5. :gar-Bi We started about 10:00 and I'd say we got a little over half of the shop moved, and a smaller percentage of the house. The crew consisted of myself, Bruce (Sawman101), Jim (jmauldin), Jesse (meredj), his son Andy, Mike, his son Collin, and Mike's wife Pam. We took a break for lunch and Pam fed us soup, ham biscuits, and baked sweet potatoes. Pam, the soup and potatoes were really good, but those ham biscuits were awesome. Thank you!

And for the "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics" crowd, here ya go. A motley crew if ever there was one. :rotflm: Jim, Mike, Jesse, Bruce, and Andy. I managed to stay out of the pics. :gar-Bi

IMG_1531.JPG

View image in gallery

You can find the rest of the pics here.

Mike, just let us know when you need more help.

Bill

M

McRabbet

I had initially signed up to help but had to back out because of the Fall Drawing on Saturday in Raleigh. Mike, please let us know when Phase 2, 3, 4 and more will be scheduled and I'll endeavor to get to one of them. I just hope they are not over the next two weekends because I'll be traveling both of them!

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Bill,
Good pics. It's a shame you only showed us standng around, or Jesse sitting down on the job. It was a great day and looking forward to phase 2 - whatever.
Jim in Mayberry

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bill,
Good pics. It's a shame you only showed us standng around, or Jesse sitting down on the job. It was a great day and looking forward to phase 2 - whatever.
Jim in Mayberry

We was standing around because Jim was doing most of the work anyway! :gar-La; It was a great day with a great group of guys. Mike and Pam could really use a little more help getting some of their stuff moved to the new ranch, especially the lumber stash, as well as a lot of other things. I wish we could have accomplished more, but a day goes quickly.:gar-Cr And Pam's a great cook too!:eusa_danc

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Could you guys PM your mailing address to me please?

Pam wants to add you to the Christmas card list.

Thanks!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Phase II - Saturday Dec. 4 - 10 am

Please let me know if you can help.

Here's what we got done so far.

IMG_06601.JPG

IMG_06682.JPG

Plenty of empty rooms to fill.

IMG_06691.JPG

Status