More Cedar

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Heck Mike, I don't want to cut down anything on your property - unless it's already dying or it's something you want out of the way, I like em standing too :):):)

J

jeff...

Sounding like the old wood mizer may have to go moble - it's could use a good blowing off @ 65 MPH. :-D

J

jeff...

Thanks much for the info - I'll be sure and give him a call... :icon_thum

J

jeff...

My cedar guy finally called me back :). I'm heading out tomorrow evening to pick up a load of cedar logs then another load the next day. I'm going to grab as many as I can while the grabbing is good... Yeah more cedar to play with

J

jeff...

How many BF are you looking for? I may already have it in 4/4, if you have a planner. I could toss it in the truck and bring it with me Saturday.

BTW what time does the festivities begin out at your place?

I can't seem to find our tent, so I may have to leave and not spend the night.

Thanks...

J

jeff...

Jeff,

Serving lunch at noon and dinner at 5-6, you are welcome to come any time.

As for the cedar I was hoping not to plane over half of it away. I can resaw up to 5 inch width. I'm not sure how much right now I just want to experiment.

Maybe $50 worth?

I guess I could cut it on the table saw and then resaw it so what ever you have will be fine.

We have an extra tent and I can borrow some from the Scouts so don't let that stop you.

Mike, I'll throw some in the back of the truck in exchange for dinner - does that work?

J

jeff...

Your wood is your job. I demand to pay you for it. (of course I want it as cheap as I can get it, just like everybody else) :lol:

It is? How come I'm always the last to know these things? It's not my job, I have two of those a full time one during the day and a part time one at night. I don't rely on cutting up wood for an income - it's a hobby.

That being said - would you take the cedar already :BangHead:, geeze, I can't even give the stuff away :roll:

J

jeff...

In order to prevent an open flame war on North Carolina Woodworker, I agree to work something out to our mutual benefit. :rolf:

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Now your talking :icon_thum cause I just got back with a load of nice sized 18' cedar logs. Finally!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jeff
Do you think that there might be a couple of 8 -10 x 4-6 bowl blanks in that batch? :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

J

jeff...

Jeff
Do you think that there might be a couple of 8 -10 x 4-6 bowl blanks in that batch? :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Nick, I'm thinking a few of the butts may be big enough, but can't promise, I'll be on the lookout. ERC has such bad face defect it's difficult for me to determine what a log will yield till I actually get it on the mill and some boards start falling out.

Thanks

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Just thinking. As I was reading post today I saw in Random Photos From Our Members' Galleries a cedar bowl that peaked my interest. If any thing falls of that my be worth turning let me know. Now get that deck done :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS