Modern Lounge Chair

Henry W

HenryW
Senior User
Wow Graham - great chairs!
Care to share the joinery used? Is is half lapped, and pegged (seat to frame)? What about the joints between the lower and upper seat sections?
Are there plans available? I haven't googled the attribution you provided.

Jeff

Jeff
Corporate Member
The plans are available at the Shaun Boyd website. Here is the chair in a short video. He likes his new Festool domino too!

Sourwood

Graham
User
@Henry W - the domino figured heavily into the build for me. One variation I made from the original plans was to lap the legs and chair sides instead of using dominos. I added small dowels for design more than strength, as there’s a whole lot of face grain contact there.

As @Jeff mentioned, plans are available digitally on Shaun Boyd’s site - and there’s also an option for him to send 1/2” MDF templates as well.

@gamiller3rd - I don’t have those exact measurements, but I’ll say its a deep seat. Definitely needs cushions in my opinion...

gamiller3rd

Pappy
Senior User
Thanks. The older I get the less appealing a low sitting chair like a traditional Adirondack is to me. Beautiful work.

Sourwood

Graham
User
@gamiller3rd - I can appreciate that sentiment. I’m learning more about the importance of subtle angles and dimensions in chair making that tend to be less important in other furniture making.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS