MM jointer / planer 1phase, 16"jointer 3phase Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
i have been to the guys shop great equipment he says he is going to sell a 18" Laguna bandsaw and a old delta 5hp 3/phase unisaw with out feed rollers etc in a few weeks i think he said it had a 3hp motor he had Laguna put a larger one in when ordered he has stuff everywhere unbelievable

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Travis and I went to that guy's shop when he had it advertised. The MM does look like it seen a lot of use. IMHO, it is almost worn out and spare parts for that machine will be hard to cam be due to its age.
The bridgewood jointer is also looking dood on the picture, but Travis and I looked at it and the 'restoration' consisted of putting on a coat of paint..over everything including dovetail ways, grease nipples and height adjustments.
Most of the equipment was priced very high, the only piece of equipment I would buy there was an Italian made copy lathe (but he wanter $8,500). He also had a niece bandsaw (20in), he asked the same price as a new 24".

just my 2 cents. May be Travis will read this thread and chime in.

Cheers,
Bernhard

bman

New User
barry
i looked at it.... didn't look that bad to me ....but yall are the experts :slap:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
For what he was asking for the stuff when we were there, no way. Depending on how it goes, I may bid on the jointer.

FWIW, I was the one commenting on a 16" jointer and this is the one Bernhard and I went and checked out. When he cranked up the jointer, the fence was hitting the knives, so there are 4 nicked or ruined knives already, and the height adjustment screws had been painted for the infeed so it was pretty tight to get it moving. Regardless, I may still bid on it if the price is right. We will see.

Like Bernhard says, the restorations are primarily just paint. I don't know that I would buy the MM jointer/planer. It does not have a fence or blade guard. You can probably get them at MM, but it may be worn out overall and parts if available will not be cheap.

I thought the bandsaw he had was a 24 Laguna, but it may be a 20. It looked to not be used much if at all.

As Barry says, he has a lot of stuff (many tons of cast iron).

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Barry/Bernhard/Travis,
Did any of you look at the Master OSS? What kind of shape is it in?
Looks rough.

bman

New User
barry
mech look hd.... riggers cut the cord......could not test... spins free top is worn out partic bd will have to make a new one ....big unit not a show piece no bells and whistles ...... old you know they don't make um like that any more

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Barry,
The top is particle board and not cast iron? Did it look like it could be tilted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors