Miter sled plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Can anyone provide plans for a good miter sled? Sorry I sent this to fast. I need to build raised panel doors to match some others that have mitered corners and I would like the joint to be tight and at 90 dreg. I have been getting hit and miss with my miter saw so I am looking to build one for the table saw. If anyone has build one that has worked out will let me know. Thanks in advance for help.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
To make successful miters you have to get two things right - you have to have a joint that adds up to 90° (the two sides don't necessarily have to both be 45°, as long as they're close and add up to 90°), and you have to make sure the opposite sides are exactly the same lengths using stops. This is a design that probably accomplishes these goals pretty simply:

He put a corner from a piece of plywood on what looks like fairly standard sled. He used this "factory" corner to guarantee a 90° corner. You can see how he did the stop.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I don't have plans, but the one I have and others I have seen you use a square to set up your sides. Always cut complimentary angles from the other side.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Monty and Clowman
They both look like what I am looking for and easy to build. :icon_thum :icon_thum
Thanks Nick

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nick, here is one that appeared in issue #85 of Shop Notes. This is similar to the one I made and it works well.

D L

table-saw-miter-sled-medium-square.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS