Miter saw score

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I picked this up yesterday from a guy who has had it in storage for the last 10-12 years and was tired of having to move it out of his way. I gave $150 for it and the guy brought it from out near Sanford to Cary to meet me so I didn't even have to burn that much gas. :thumbs_up

It's a Hitachi 15" in pretty good shape and has all it's parts. The blade could use some cleaning, but still cuts smooth, and it could probably stand some lubing and general clean up. I've been looking around for one of these since using FredP's to cut a log year before last and finally found one.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

Brian.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thief! call da cops.:gar-La; nice score.:icon_thum I wouldn't trade either of mine for anything.:cool: if the blade is carbide it will cost around 30 bucks to get it sharpened but will cut for years. new 15" 110 tooth blades are expensive so watch out for nails and such.:wink_smil

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
thief! call da cops.:gar-La; nice score.:icon_thum I wouldn't trade either of mine for anything.:cool: if the blade is carbide it will cost around 30 bucks to get it sharpened but will cut for years. new 15" 110 tooth blades are expensive so watch out for nails and such.:wink_smil

I was about to say, "doesn't Fred have one of those?" :gar-La; Nice score! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Fred, where do you get yours sharpened at now? It still produces a real smooth cut so I don't think it really needs it right now and I'm hoping most of that rust and gunk will clean up fairly easily. I need to search through some of the blade cleaning threads this weekend while I'm at work if it's slow! :gar-Bi

Rob, thanks for offering to take a look at it for me since I couldn't get down there.:icon_thum:icon_thum Turns out he was willing to bring it to Cary for me to take a look at so I only had to drive about 20 minutes each way so the gas savings was a big plus:thumbs_up. btw, I'm still not sure where exactly Bear Creek is in relation to 421/Siler City even after asking him. He told me it was off 421 on 902 but that means nothing to me, I'm just glad I didn't have to make the trek myself.

Brian.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, where do you get yours sharpened at now? It still produces a real smooth cut so I don't think it really needs it right now and I'm hoping most of that rust and gunk will clean up fairly easily. I need to search through some of the blade cleaning threads this weekend while I'm at work if it's slow! :gar-Bi

Rob, thanks for offering to take a look at it for me since I couldn't get down there.:icon_thum:icon_thum Turns out he was willing to bring it to Cary for me to take a look at so I only had to drive about 20 minutes each way so the gas savings was a big plus:thumbs_up. btw, I'm still not sure where exactly Bear Creek is in relation to 421/Siler City even after asking him. He told me it was off 421 on 902 but that means nothing to me, I'm just glad I didn't have to make the trek myself.

Brian.

I used Raleigh saw last time and had 4 blades done. I am not thrilled with the job they did but short of sending them out I don't know where else to go. I'm good for a few years though.:gar-Bi I used to use tarheel filing but he no longer does it. shame too because he did a good job.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I used Raleigh saw last time and had 4 blades done. I am not thrilled with the job they did but short of sending them out I don't know where else to go. I'm good for a few years though.:gar-Bi I used to use tarheel filing but he no longer does it. shame too because he did a good job.
Ashcrofts, on the north side of Greshem's Lake also does blade sharpening.

jhreed

New User
james
I have several Hitachi tools and love them. You bought the blade and got the saw free. I notice the blade on the saw is the original blade. The saw cannot have been used enough to break it in.

Not too long back, I bought a 12" Porter Cable compound miter saw and it came with 4 blades. I paid $104.00 on E-bay. After I won the bid, I found out it was pick-up only. It was in Philadelphia, Pa. I left Goldsboro at 2:00 am and made the trip. 18 hours later I was back in Goldsboro with my saw. I love my saw and still have a flat spot in my gluteous maximus from the trip.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS