Mission window table

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
I just finished this mission style window table, for lack of a better name. It is made from red oak, has mortise and thru tennons; and a classic oak stain with two coats of satin wipe on poly on the top.

I intend to go back later and remake the drawer boxes using dovetails. I don't know why I'm so neverous to try them, it's only wood!!!

Mission_window_table02.JPG

Mission_window_table01.JPG

Oh yea, while I was working on the table, had to convince LOML that I needed an upgrade.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=11933

I love it when a plan comes together!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Charles,
Well executed plan. You have become an accomplished Mission style furniture craftsman and the grain matching on the drawers is great:icon_thum
Apparently we could all learn from your tool acquisition ruse :eusa_shhh

Thanks for sharing,
Roger

skeeter

New User
Charles
Yes David, it's my design. It's pretty straightforward. Joints are mortise and thru tennons and end pieces are just rabbits cut the width of the slats and spacers between the slats.

Classic oak stain and poly is the dreaded Minwan. Didn't post the name to keep anti-Minwax users calm!!!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pretty work. I love the lines in mission style. The inset drawers look very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I must have missed the lecture on the 'M' word...oh, wait, I remember now...get him, Jeff!!! :lol: :lol:

BTW, nice stealth gloat, too!! :eusa_danc

Chuck

T

toolferone

The table came out great, well done!

And a "YOU SUCK" on the new tool!

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Nice job skeeter. :eusa_clap I like the way you did the bottom shelf with the boards running front to back. You have a great saw in that makita slider! If you want another name, call it a Mission sofa table.

John_LA

New User
John Lach
That is a great looking piece and as was mentioned the grain matching on the drawers is first rate. :icon_thum Mission is one of my favorite styles to build.

John

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Great looking work. Agree with others the grain matching on the drawers is great.

I have a question and it is simply a question, not a critique. Is there any reason to worry about the wide through tenons with regard to expansion and contraction?

skeeter

New User
Charles
The tennons are tight but have minimal glue and are pinned with brads. I've used this method in several pieces with no problems.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Charles that is a great looking table. :eusa_clap You're not alone...I also use the "M" brand for two reasons....I have not had any problems with it and in our "neck of the woods" you can't find much else without driving up I40 to R town.

cskipper

Cathy
Very nice. The continuous grain across the drawers looks great. I also like the grain running the other way on the bottom shelf!

Nativespec

New User
David
I noticed the drawers and dividers being cut from the same boards as well. Looks great except for the doilies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
David, I got a sliding compound miter saw complete with lazer out of the project, I had to give in on the doilies.

Nativespec

New User
David
My wife and I have to argue over the knobs and she pretends not to notice the new tools, just like I pretend not to notice the new clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS