Mission style coffee table

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Just had to post this (hope I can get the pictures attached), not that it's that good but because its finished. Started the table on Friday and messed up knee cartledge Sat. morning. After surgery and rehab (and another set-back) its finished. Only took a little over two months. This was literally a painful project!

Click on the thumbnails for full-sized pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

Skeeter -- nice job -- thought I'd embellish your post with close-up and personal pics versus the link you had...

Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice work Charles! It looks flawless to me :icon_thum
And it would take me 6 months in good health to complete the project. :lol:

Now you have set yourself up for even higher expectations. Keep that knee rehabbing and the sawdust flying :mrgreen:

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That came out great. I really like the way you did the intersection of the top and legs :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap But I am surprised that you let knee surgery slow you down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
McRabbet said:
Skeeter -- nice job -- thought I'd embellish your post with close-up and personal pics versus the link you had...

Rob
Thanks Brer McRabbit. I like the thumbnail links :icon_thum

Sapwood

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Charles, that is a really beautiful coffee table. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Very nice design. Is the wood Red Oak? What kind of finish did you use?

skeeter

New User
Charles
Thanks Rob, the thumbnails are cool!

Dolan, yes its red oak with classic oak polyshield stain and poly mix with final coat of wipe-on poly. Instead of mortise & tenon slats on the end pieces, I dadoed the top and bottom pieces, ran the slats thru the drum sander to fit dado and cut spacers between the slats. Just trying to save time and get off my knee. It worked really good.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Charles,

I really like the Mission design. Simple lines and great joinery and finish that you completed!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have a daughter at UNCW who just moved into her own apartment and has asked dad to build her a coffee table. I must say that your work is certainly a big inspiration for me!

Thanks so much for sharing! (And oh ya......take care of that knee...you hear!)

Wayne

skeeter

New User
Charles
Thanks Monty! I do a lot of Mission furniture with my designs but I have to admit this one is from the March 1999 copy of Wood mag.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Very nice! Looks flawless!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I may have to build one myself.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Terrific looking table Charles. Very nicely done.:icon_thum I really like the mission style of furniture but have yet to try my hand a building a piece of furniture in that style.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS