Menus - again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
except for some cleanup on the floating menu, all the major changes for the menus have been made. Comments, criticisms, suggestions? Particularly with bringing the Upload Photo, Submit A Link, Upload a file and Place an Ad links on the the horizontal menu

MikeH

New User
Mike
I think they all look good. One suggestion is to remove "Open flash Chat" from the second row since it is on the home page on the right hand side.

Just my .02

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It all looks good to me. And most of the things that I have used work as they should. Two things that I noticed that could use some tweaking are:
First, in the Blue Button Menu, the Download Library button isn't showing up completely, half of the "D" is missing.
Second, something I just noticed. When clicking on the links in the Where Are? menu, some of them open up in a new window and others don't. The Wood Suppliers list opens in a new window, while the Sawyers list doesn't. It's nice to have them open in a new window, for the easy of copy/paste-ing the URl into a thread to direct someone to the list, when they have a related question.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I think it's looking terrific. I did notice that the sliding menus do have some differences, depending on the page the menu is called from. For example, on the home page the menu item is North Carolina Woodworkers Info and when I look at the menu from this Reply to Thread page, it's NCWW Info. I'd probably go for the narrow menu with the initials only... but I do not hav ea problem with context sensitive menus that have different items (depending on when or where they are called from.)

Overall, the site is looking REALLY good. Thanks, Steve.

Ray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
My response in blue
It all looks good to me. And most of the things that I have used work as they should. Two things that I noticed that could use some tweaking are:
First, in the Blue Button Menu, the Download Library button isn't showing up completely, half of the "D" is missing.
Hmmm?:eusa_thinI'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you get me a screen shot?
Second, something I just noticed. When clicking on the links in the Where Are? menu, some of them open up in a new window and others don't. The Wood Suppliers list opens in a new window, while the Sawyers list doesn't. It's nice to have them open in a new window, for the easy of copy/paste-ing the URl into a thread to direct someone to the list, when they have a related question.
I think that's probably the way it has always been. But I'll change it later today and see what you guys think.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:rolf:
I wish it was because I had put in context sensitive menus, but alas it but a bug. The SEO is expanding the initials to North Carolina Woodworkers , but depending on some other things it isn't. In general, if you want the initials NOT to be expanded, we should enter NC WW. I'll do that in the menus.
I think it's looking terrific. I did notice that the sliding menus do have some differences, depending on the page the menu is called from. For example, on the home page the menu item is North Carolina Woodworkers Info and when I look at the menu from this Reply to Thread page, it's NCWW Info. I'd probably go for the narrow menu with the initials only... but I do not hav ea problem with context sensitive menus that have different items (depending on when or where they are called from.)

Overall, the site is looking REALLY good. Thanks, Steve.

Ray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:slap::lol:I just realized that you were talking about the Horiz menu. Ok should be fixed now

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Originally Posted by DaveO

Here's a poor man's screen shot of what I am talking about with the blue buttons

screen_shot_002.jpg

Yes, I took a picture of the screen, it was faster than looking for the tutorial on how to do a real screen shot :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
But you should be able to see how part of the blue Download Library button seems to be missing. Not critical, but purely cosmetic.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I can not reproduce anything like that:BangHead: Does anyone else see anything like that?
Originally Posted by DaveO

Here's a poor man's screen shot of what I am talking about with the blue buttons

Yes, I took a picture of the screen, it was faster than looking for the tutorial on how to do a real screen shot :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

But you should be able to see how part of the blue Download Library button seems to be missing. Not critical, but purely cosmetic.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I can not reproduce anything like that:BangHead: Does anyone else see anything like that?

Could be that hand-me-down monitor I've got :eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

I cleared my cookies, and temp internet files and I am still getting the same results.
It doesn't happen on my wife's laptop so it must just be me.
I hope my monitor isn't dying:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Could be that hand-me-down monitor I've got :eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

I cleared my cookies, and temp internet files and I am still getting the same results.
It doesn't happen on my wife's laptop so it must just be me.
I hope my monitor isn't dying:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:
it wouldn' have anything to do with the monitor. Most likely the browser. Which one do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS