Memorial project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gad5264

New User
Grant
The school where my wife teaches wanted to do a memorial garden for the teachers that have been lost. This is the culmination of the project that I have been working on for the last week and finally finished it on Saturday morning.

Side posts and trellis cemented in.
ArborInstalled2.JPG

I printed a banner off of my computer for the lettering, transfered it to the wood and cut it in the face with my new Bosch Colt laminate trimmer using a .25" flat bottomed bit.
ArborInstalled3.JPG

Installed and completed.
ArborInstalled1.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks great. I like the inscription, and good stealth gloat on the Colt. How do you like it? It is high on my desired new tools list.
Dave:)

gad5264

New User
Grant
DaveO said:
Looks great. I like the inscription, and good stealth gloat on the Colt. How do you like it? It is high on my desired new tools list.

Dave,
I give the Bosch Colt great reviews. This was the first job that I used it on and I really liked it. There seems to be plenty of power and the little thing fits perfectly in my hands. There are other attachments that I have not had the pleasure of using as of yet but hope to in the near future.

AndyET

New User
Andy
That's a great memorial piece you made. What other things have been planned for the memorial garden?

Good Work!!

AndyET

gad5264

New User
Grant
DaveO said:
So you were able to do the routing free hand? Or did you make a template?

Dave,
I made a banner in Microsoft Publisher at work. Sized the banner to the size of the wood and printed it off. I then taped the banner together at the predetermined spots and stapled it to the board. I then put a piece of transfer paper under the banner and traced the lettering with a pencil. After the transfer was completed I took the banner off and started cutting the letters with the Bosch Colt laminate trimmer. I used a .25" flat bottom router bit and took my time. It took me over two and a half hours to cut the lettering. Here are some other pictures of the lettering being cut up close.
ArborCarving2.JPG

ArborCarving3.JPG

As far as more things to be done with the memorial area, we have plans to add pavers that have been donated by a local landscaper and flowers also. There will also be a sitting bench donated by the Parent/Teacher Organization. The wood was also donated by the local 84 Lumber.

M

McRabbet

A very nice tribute and a skillful outdoor project --- The engraved saying is very well done and looks great! I'm sure it will be appreciated by many.

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Grant, either you have a very steady hand, or that Colt is a smooth running, easily handled machine. That is some precision routing :icon_thum

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking project Grant.:icon_thum Your trellis turned out beautifully and the carved lettering looks fantastic.

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
That looks really nice. I missed the stealth gloat you snuck in there until dave busted you out.

Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS