Medallions to mark your best work

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
If anybody is interested in custom medallions to embed in your best work, Karstedt Enterprises (John Karstedt 704-843-5308) can make them for you. The prices vary by quantity, but it sounds like a small batch (10 or so) will run about $1.50 each. :-D

Here are some samples of the medallions that you could use, or create your own custom one.
MedallionTemplates.jpg

M

McRabbet

Here is the medallion that I use for my better projects. I had them made by Rick Doby (rdoby) for a very fair price. Rick is a photoengraver by trade and these are made from leftover pieces of photosensitive engraving plates. Once we worked out the design, Rick made several for me. I cut them out with a metal blade on my scroll saw (they do get hot) and smooth the edges on my 9" disk sander. Then, I spray paint them with whatever color background (I prefer black) and then sand the face on auto body sand paper, down to 400 grit. I use a Forstner bit to drill a shallow hole (1/8" or less) and glue them into the piece in an inconspicuous place with epoxy. I then spray them with clear polyurethane. Slick, eh?

profilepic296_1.gif

cskipper

Cathy
It's obviously early and I need coffee. I hadn't thought of that!

Are you still planning on going to Kyle's tomorrow?

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
I like the idea, Jeremy. If a certain present doesn't show up this year, I may be venturing down the medallion path.

tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS