maybe a good deal on a drum sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Did you notice the engagement ring and wedding ring about half way down the post? Selling his tools and the rings- she must have been a real heart breaker!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It's got to be a spindle sander with 1/2 hp and "extra drums". Most drum sanders have much bigger motors. I have been looking for a oscillating spindle sander for quite awhile. I don't really "need" one so am waiting for the right one at the right price. Now if that was a floor model Griz, General, Delta, etc. it would be a good deal. Not so good if a bench model.

Sent him an email, so will see what the deal is.

Sully

New User
jay
Good points. I think I (mis)interpreted the extra drums as extra sandpaper rolls. Hope it works out for you.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Here is what he said:

"RYOBI, bench model, new machine, Oscilating unit"

I couldn't find a good source/price, but believe that unit goes for around $100!!! The Ryobi looks identical to this $99 one from Harbor Freight.

95088.gif

Oh, well, someday I'll find a nice & cheap OSS.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
"Oh, well, someday I'll find a nice & cheap OSS."

I was in Nashville, TN 2 weeks ago and General Industrial Supply had a few of the Jet OS-10 units for $660. Boxes looked rough but they guarantee everything. They have a contract with WMH to manage all of their transit damaged equipment and returns.

They also had a single phase, 220v Powermatic 22in disc sander which had taken a hit and cracked off an inconspicuous part of the guard for $1250. They evidently have a regular run to Knoxville and offered to haul it there at no charge if I could meet them. I just wiped the drool off my shirt and said no thanks:-(.

Jimbo Williams seemed to be the man in charge. The website has no details. They turn over their stock fast. 800-371-2220
http://www.generalindustrialsupp.com/

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS