Mark Strom (stave) shop visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I took a ride to Asheville yesterday to meet Mark and hopefully learn something in the process.
It was a successful and enjoyable trip on both counts. Mark is a good guy and a talented carver. If you have any interest in learning any type of carving give him a call. He's more than willing to share his knowledge.

Here's Mark:
Mark3.jpg

This is his "History Wall":
History_Wall.jpg

Some drawings and WIP:
Drawings.jpg

and a statue:
Statue.jpg

pete

cpw

New User
Charles
That's great to hear. I haven't seen Mark in years. We both used to be involved in the same sculptor's guild. You are so right about the good guy and talented carver part.

M

McRabbet

Mark is coming as a guest to our WNCWA meeting on Saturday at Blue Ridge Timber Frame Homes in Swannanoa and we are discussing having him come to a meeting to demonstrate his carving. He has carved special items for a number of projects for BRTF, including a nice phrase in the dining room beams of our WNCWA Treasurer, Dan Campbell (dancam here). I'm looking forward to meeting him, too. For others in the area that may be interested in WNCWA meetings (including this Saturday), check out our website at www.wncwa.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS