Maple Bench finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
I'm going to try this again. I finished a David Marks style meditation bench several weeks ago and thought I'd try posting a photo. the bench was sculpted from some Spalted Hard Maple which was a bear to shape. It was one of those projects that once started sat around the shop in the way until I was finally forced to finish it. I'm glad I did since IMHO it turned out well. The top is sculpted in both directions and the legs are curved front and back. What started as 2 1/4" slabs are now 3/4" thick. The Maple also has some beautiful burls in it. Thanks for looking at my first successful post in a while.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Perfect wood selection for a fine looking bench! In spite of the simple design, I can see a tremendous amount of work and craftsmanship that went into that fine piece.

You should be very proud of the results!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Well done!

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is one great looking bench, I love the spalted maple you used. And good job posting the picture:gar-La;

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Very nice bench. I think I recently saw the episode about the piece. Great job!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice work, Jerry. That turned out great, and the wood is beautiful!

:icon_thum:eusa_clap

Now, to meditate! AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

:rotflm:

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thats a cool piece. I like it natural. You really did a nice job and should feel proud.
Now we just need to get you to post BIGGER pictures and you'd be set.:gar-La;

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Thanks for the good comments, everyone. Teach me about the bigger pictures, John. But I warn you, I'm a slow learner. It took me a year to get this far.

M

McRabbet

Jerry, I'll try to beat John to the punch and see if I can teach you a few new tricks. Let's use an example for your Meditation Bench. This one was taken at higher resolution that the one posted above, so we'll use it for the example:

Meditation_Stool.JPG

Okay, how is it done?

Well, first select the picture you want to post -- find the thumbnail in your Gallery and click on it. If you picked this picture above and scroll down a little, the lower part of the screen will look like this:

Meditation-1.jpg

Note the three Direct Links shown ''Best Size:'', Thummbnail:'' and ''Large Picture:'' -- If you want to add the Best Size to a thread, click on the code in the window to select it (it turns blue) and right click your mouse, scroll down and click on Copy. Now change to the thread window and click on the ''Insert Image'' icon (yellow square with a mountain and sun) and press CTRL-V when the new window opens to paste the code you copied into the insert box. The picture shows in your thread -- move cursor to continue your editing.

At the right end of the brown menu selections just below your album picture, you'll see an option that states ''Switch Link Type''. Press it and you should see a different way to capture and enter the picture in those code boxes, like this:

Meditation-2.jpg

You'll see the same basic code, but now it is preceded by
. It is called BBCode and it can be inserted directly. Just cut and paste this entire line like we did before, but skip clicking on the Insert Icon as this code does not require it.

Now try it with the picture above, but realize that you snapped it at a lower resolution with your camera and it will come out smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors