Manual Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclark

New User
Kevin
After using several different search terms I can't seem to find a post from a few months ago where someone had posted about storing/organizing tool manuals. Anyone else remember this?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I don't remember that thread.

What I do is store all my manuals in hanging folders in one of those milk crates they sell at the office supply stores.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sorry, I don't recall that thread either. Similar to nn4jw, I use hanging file folders but, put them in a file box with a lid. That tends to keep out the dust and other flotsam and jetsam floating around my shop. Mine is similar to this but not the same one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Storex-Portable-File-Box-with-Organizer-Lid-Legal-Letter-Black/42351880
Good luck in your search.

I have three of these and it helps to organise and have them at the ready when the need arises.

Wayne

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have some 4" 3-ring binders with sheet protector inserts. I keep manuals in the inserts so I don't have to unclip them out to read them. Just slide them out of the sheet protectors.

George

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I scan everything into a PDF file and store it on the computer. Files are organized on the computer by category - shop related, toys, furniture, puzzles, etc..

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
My machine & tool manuals are in 3 ring binders by category. I store these on a shelf towards the rear of the shop were there is less dust.

Pop

cpw

New User
Charles
I don't recall the thread either but I store mine in large ziploc style bags and hang them somewhere convenient to the tool or store them with portable tools. Most of the manuals for my large tools are either hanging on the pegboard next to the tool or hanging from the tool stand. I got the idea when I bought a lawnmower that came with the manuals in a heavy vinyl bag with button snaps and a hanging loop. It's also a great place to keep small tools and supplies like Allen wrenches and extra weed trimmer line, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors