Maloof Rocker-ACSE-character in the joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Hey folks-had to take a few days off to pay the bills(yes I actually had to go to work). On Wed I spend ALL day final shaping the major joints-the front legs to seat-the back legs to seat-and the arms to back legs. Here's the results in before/after format.

Front legs to seat: Before

and the after:

now for the rear legs to seat: before

and the after:

and then, the arm to back leg: before

and the after:

and here's my final arm profile:

Then on Thursday-Friday-and Sat. after work i spent some quality time final sanding my spindles in anticipation of gluing the crest rail in on Sunday:

So up next- I've got to finish rough shaping the crest rail and then glue it and the spindles (spindles don't get glue-they're held in place by the seat and crest rail and friction) and then final shape the crest rail once it's in the chair. Then I get to glue the rockers onto the chair and finish shaping the rocker to leg joint and the front arm to front leg joint. We'll seeeee...my deadline to have the chair together is this Wed. Looks like today is going to be busy. Until next time.....

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike,

Haven't you learned that you can't let minor things like work, bills and other people/commitments get in the way of your woodworking time? :rotflm:

All kidding aside, you've done a great job! Although I didn't see a cup holder on either of the arms. :icon_scra Looks great man! Can't way to see the finished product. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Those pesky bills, I still don't understand them either, every month they want more money!

That chair is looking great, what finish are you going to use?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Michael; You are absolutely on fire with that chair. :kamahlitu You are doing a great job and in just a fraction of the time it took me. I have just started another using the quartersawn sycamore from Jeff and Scott. Keep those pictures comming.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' Good :icon_thum
Great job sculpting the joints.

Looking forward to see it with some finish on it

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looking good man ... gonna need your help with mine when you are done! haha

Mine is "resting" in the shop. When it's done resting, I'll get back to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS