Major gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
4 weeks ago my son graduated from ECU. He was the last one to move out of his frat house. They had bought a Bolens BL150 string trimmer and I believe it's a Toro leaf blower. No one wanted them when they moved out and knowing they were going to disappear shortly after everyone was gone (not so nice neighborhood) they are now mine :icon_cheers.

6 years ago my wife inherited the house next door. 4 years ago my parents moved in. My dad had some nice tools but he's 83 now and hasn't used them in 5 or 6 years. After a lot of shop clean up and rearranging they are now in my shop: Craftsman 13" 2/3hp drill press, Craftsman 20" scroll saw, and a Delta 16" bandsaw :icon_cheers.

Saturday Chuck Powell came out and wired up my Grizzly 15" planer - Many thanks!!! :icon_cheers(Sunday I made a wheelbarrow load of sawdust). I've had the planer at least 2 1/2 years with nowhere to put it until recently. Now I can progress with my cherry kitchen cabinets I started over 2 years ago.

Finally, in Monday's mail I got the video "Turned Bowls Made Easy", by Bill Grumbine. Thanks Mike Mills!!

I'm happier than a fat puppy!:banana::banana:

If there is a down side to this it's that Chuck didn't charge me anything so now I'm obligated to help someone else who may need assistance in the future - a "pay it forward" sort of thing. (Hardly a negative though). Also I now deparately need a dust/sawdust collection system.

:eek:ccasion1

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Dude, I'm not even sure where to start the suckage. That's way past rocking :-D

CONGRATS ON ALL FRONTS!!!!

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I had forgotten my brother gave me his pretty nice Ryobi mitre saw and router mounted on a table about a year ago and 4 years ago my dad gave me his Delta bench saw (table saw). It's been adequate to cut everything I've needed. I already had a 6" Craftsman jointer, Craftsman radial arm saw and a Central Machinery model 123 lathe.

The sawdust will soon be getting deep!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats, Congrats, Congrats, Congrats, YOU ROCK, YOU ROCK, YOU ROCK, YOU ROCK, YOU ROCK!

Did I miss anything? :gar-La; Nice scores, Rob.:icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
[BANANA]No[/BANANA] [MAD]pics[/MAD] [MOUSE]didn't[/MOUSE] [EVIL]happen [/EVIL]

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

You rock dood :icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This one is easy, that is after Sawduster's no pics didn't happen post.

Really simple!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil

No harm intended, just good Carma as some of us would say:widea::widea:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I should have brought a camera when we wired the planer. I can make a trip by there next time I'm in the neighborhood to quieten down the naysayers amongst us.

I think that anytime you string together more than 5 gloats in single thread without pics...well, we get some of that NCWWer "show me" attitude. :gar-La;

BTW all - the planer was NEW...not used. I had no idea what kinda karma was going on there. I should have ran out and bought a lottery ticket, huh? :rotflm:

Chuck

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Ok, now y'all have me feeling guilty that I didn't get a picture of the knee deep pile of sawdust before I moved it. :embaresse Made some nice mulch for the blackberry bed.

I have to confess I'm gadget challenged. I don't have a camera, don't have a cell phone, don't know how to download pictures, I don't even like to answer the house phone. I drive a 25 year old vehicle with no frills. But think of the money I've saved!

One day I'll have to get someone to show me how to do all that pitcher bidness. :XXcompute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS