Mahogany and Zebrawood Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
This little table was my project to do over Christmas vacation. It's mahogany, zebrawood veneer, ebony inlay on the top with ebony and holly banding on the legs. The finish is Minwax red mahogany oil stain followed by shelac and a dark chestnut gel stain as a toner and toped with poly.
100_1291.jpg

View image in gallery

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great job! I love the cuffs and feet on the legs. Are you using a scratch stock for the stringing? Straight lines are easy enough, but the curves add a challenge.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Great job! I love the cuffs and feet on the legs. Are you using a scratch stock for the stringing? Straight lines are easy enough, but the curves add a challenge.
Ed, I'm using stringing from Matt at Inland Banding. I have cut my own but his is so much better and easier. If you're asking about the tool, I used a purfling cutter from Lee Valley and a router for the straight stringing.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ed, I'm using stringing from Matt at Inland Banding. I have cut my own but his is so much better and easier. If you're asking about the tool, I used a purfling cutter from Lee Valley and a router for the straight stringing.

The tool is what I was asking about. I am not fimiliar with that tool, infact I had to go to the LV site to see what it is! I assume it has two knife blades to cut the width. How do you extract the waste? I may have to get one of those!

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
The tool is what I was asking about. I am not fimiliar with that tool, infact I had to go to the LV site to see what it is! I assume it has two knife blades to cut the width. How do you extract the waste? I may have to get one of those!
Ed, I use a small L-N router wirh a 3/32" blade and a small chisel. The cutter is handy for an inlay close to the edge and curves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS