M-WTCA meeting in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
Just got the flyer on Midwest Tool Collector Assn. meeting/tool trading in Raleigh Saturday September 21. The guest speaker is Tom Lie-Nielson. Should be worth the trip for hand tool users. (and BBQ lovers) http://www.mwtca.org/ if you're interested in the organization or in joining. Always lots of interesting hand tools to look at.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll be there, just checked my schedule. I'm riding with Bill.

Hey it was good to meet you tonight, lets get together sometime.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, Ed Hobbs farm on Lake Wheeler road from I-40 you'd go towards town to go to the Farmers Market and the other direction to Ed's farm. There are directions in the flyer. If someone needs it I can scan it and email a copy if you PM me your email address.

See ya there Mike and Bill.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Well that's not far from my house. Is this pretty much an all day thing? Unfortunately we already have plans for that day and I'm trying to work out how to fit both.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Well that's not far from my house. Is this pretty much an all day thing? Unfortunately we already have plans for that day and I'm trying to work out how to fit both.

It's not necessarily an all day thing, Rick. There are lots of tables and booths set up w/ tools for sale. I usually try to browse every one at least once, and that takes anywhere from 1.5 - 2 hours. The highlight is the barbeque lunch, the presentations (this year it's Thomas Lie-Nielson), and the auction after lunch. I usually try to get there around 10:00 and leave by 1:30 or 2:00.

Rick M

New User
Rick
I've cleared up my Saturday and plan on attending. I've emailed Ed Hobbs about preregistration.

Last edited:

Rick M

New User
Rick
If you guys see this shirt tomorrow... it'll be me.

IMG_20130920_212210_SMALL.jpgIMG_20130920_211707_small.jpgIMG_20130920_211725_small.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just got back from Ed's farm. Ran into Bill and the shirt - er... Rick while there. Had a good chat over lunch. Only spent $8. Tom Lie Nelson gave a presentation with a video on how he makes one of his planes from the pouring of metal at the foundry to the final finishing of totes and knobs. The question/answer period after was most informative.

One question/answer went like this. Do you have any plans to move any of your manufacturing operations to China? Absolutely NOT. Which garnered a round of applause.

Good food, good presentation, good conversation. All around great event - and the rain held off so all was good.

- Ken.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Good meeting you Bill and Ken. You got off cheaper than me Ken but I found a few things I might have use for. All those tools and not single Goodell Pratt anything except for Ed's lathes.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I enjoyed the meeting and Tom's presentation.

Had a narrow list of wants and couldn't find them but left with a full belly and fond memories of another MWTCA meeting at the Hobbs Farm. :cool: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors