Lowe's Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
I've had my eye on the Delta JT360 Jointer on clearance at Lowe's. Not that I really need another 6" jointer, but this was just to good to pass up.:eusa_danc

A couple of months ago the local store had 3 in stock and the display model, marked down to $330. Based on previous experience, I figured they will lower the price even more. Sure enough, the last one, the display model, was marked down to $92.25. I also had a coupon for $10 off my next purchase of $25 more. It gets even better. I found the last package of replacement blades on clearance for $20.

No picture yet, it's still in the back of my pickup, and I need help unloading it. Here's a link to the one Amazon has:
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-JT360-Shopmaster-4-Horsepower-230-Volt/dp/B00006K00Q

-Don

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Be careful, if you hear a knock on your door at a late hour, it will be the police. You stole that jointer:rotflm:. Legally of course.
YOU ROCK!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I find the best times to check Lowes for deals is Thursday or Friday nights before the general population goes in for the weekend. If you have access to more then one store check them all. What is on close out in one store may not be on close out in another. Why they do that :dontknow: who knows.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice score Don! If you send me a plane ticket, I'll come over and help you unload it :) Or sell it on Craig's List and have them come pick it up!

Steve W

New User
Steve
Wow, Don, that's an incredible score -- must be below their cost. Nice going, OM! :eusa_clap

:kermit: Steve (W1ES/4)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's a sweet deal, Don!
And some savvy shopping :icon_thum
Can't beat California deals with an NC company :mrgreen:

Roger

RayH

New User
Ray
Don,

Good looking machine. Fantastic deal!!:eusa_clap

Would love to help unload, but I won't be in SEA/TAC till August. Maybe you could drive over then and we can set it on a mobile base?:gar-La;
RayH

woodylarry

New User
Larry
I work in retail at a tool company and I can assure you that @ 92.00 it's way below the retailers cost. It doesn't happen often but when they are trying to make something "go away" for any number of reasons like last years model, display model, changing vendors/distributors, etc... sometimes it will "go away" at less than cost. It's cheaper than returning it to the whse and having to expend labor and shipping costs (read diesel fuel) and in this case a display model cant be returned to manufacturer for credit.
If you got original manufacturers warranty , as opposed to clearance warranty (usually non-returnable or something useless like 30 days), then it's almost like they paid you to make it "go away".

Any way you look at it it's a HUGE gloat and a once in a blue moon deal - SWEET!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Way to go Don:eusa_clap:eusa_clap that is a sweet looking machine - Everytime I go to Lowes they always have something on clearance that I do not need - Like a lamp shade or towel rack - Never a tool:gar-Cr unless it is something off of the clearance table for about 50 cents

Phillip

KC7CN

New User
Don
The good and the bad! The good is the sweet deal, the bad is one less store with half decent tools. Not so bad if you are within driving distance of a Woodcraft or Rockler store, but we don't even have Harbor Freight where I live.

I have always found the Lowe's clearance deals hidden in the isle's, not prominently located in front of the tool department. Look for the small yellow Clearance sticker.

-Don

Glennbear

Glenn
The good and the bad! The good is the sweet deal, the bad is one less store with half decent tools. Not so bad if you are within driving distance of a Woodcraft or Rockler store, but we don't even have Harbor Freight where I live.

I have always found the Lowe's clearance deals hidden in the isle's, not prominently located in front of the tool department. Look for the small yellow Clearance sticker.

-Don

On a brighter note Don, a trip to Grizzly for you would not be a multi-state excursion unlike most of the rest of us :gar-La;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS