Looking for sawlogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hi all, can someone tell me where I might buy a load of SYP sawlogs in the Charlotte area? I can only get a single unit up my drive, so a semi trailer won't work. I need these logs ASAP for my new shop. Any help would be great. I have never bought a log yet so this part is all new to me. Can someone point me in the right direction???
Thanks The WoodButcher

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Wish you were closer. I have a loblolly pine that needs to be cut down. It's 30" dbh and should yield better than 1000 bf. I don't want to cut it until I have someone lined up to take the logs. Also I have a nice stack of 9' 2x4's and other framing lumber that I was going to use to frame a shop but building code won't allow me to build what I want. It was going to be 22' x 20' with a 9' ceiling. I'd sell the lumber now for less than what I paid.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Rob, I can probably take that loblolly off of your hands. I'd probably mill it up for siding on my new shop - would be pretty cool to have a lot of very wide boards.

Randy, re buying logs there are several different ways that you can go about it. If you can find a local concentration yard, they are one potential source. Another source would be to look for some logging trucks and follow one - ask the driver for the names of some logging companies.

Sawmills will also sell you logs, but you'll pay 2X what you'd pay a logger directly for them.

Another thing would be to see out some Registered Forresters in your area, and ask them for references to either timber buyers or loggers. Your county extension agent should be able to give you the name of some foresters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS