Looking for Pneumatic stapler to borrow or rent ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy E.

New User
Andy
I'm working on my British car interior and need to borrow or rent a pneumatic stapler for some vinyl work. I have a crown stapler but the staples are too big. I'm looking for one that handles a 1/4 inch staples
can anyone either lend one or recommend a place to rent one? Thanks in advance !

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
"... but the staples are too big"

Do you mean too wide (presumably), or too long?
I have a Bostitch crown stapler you could borrow, but I am uncertain that it has any different staple handling capabilities than what you have already.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
sorry I should have clarified better, too long. I think I may have one to borrow.

Can't you just buy shorter "crown" staples?

Or maybe they're not available because 1/4" long 'crown' staples wouldn't make any sense. An online search for staples for your model stapler should tell you. I did not see them (1/4" long) for my crown stapler in a quick online search at Lowe's

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Andy did you scroll to the bottom of the page I sent you? there is an upholstery stapler that does 3/8 to 5/8 for 24 bucks

51z4ukBaU-L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

WEN 61710 3/8-Inch to 1-Inch 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler

wasmeneh

New User
Mike
Harbor Freight hasn't one that takes T 50 and other Staples about $25, reviews are very good

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
The bigger question here is - What kind of British car do you have and where are the pictures?!

Andy E.

New User
Andy
attachment.php
here is a pic of my 1979 MGB , this was the day I brought it home !! And now its getting a complete new interior!!

Attachments

• greenB.jpg
    greenB.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 149

wasmeneh

New User
Mike
Say hello to Lucas " The Prince of Darkness:". Electronics on those cars can be troublesome. Had an Austin Healey 100-4, Triumph TR3, and an MG Midget. Don't ask me how I know

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I remember a customer spending 26k to restore, plus another 10k for a rubber bumper MGB. He said he went to get it appraised and it was worth $11,500. I had a 72' and a 75'. When I sold the 75' the guy removed the original engine and planted a Chevy 350 crate engine in it.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Looks a a number of us have had MG's. Mine was a '67 MGB/GT, the last year they were positive ground. The previous owner apparently thought that all you had to do was reverse the battery leads to convert it to negative ground. That's when I learned all things Lucas. I replaced all the burned out Lucas electronics and instruments and rebuilt them to work on negative ground. Rebuilt the generator and rewired the whole system to work on negative ground.

Completely rebuilt front and rear suspensions, king pins and lever shocks. Then learned all things I needed to rebuild, tune and maintain SU twin carbs. That thing was basically on blocks for a year in our car port.

After the engine block freeze plugs blew out while I was passing another car on a 2 lane road and it took 6 weeks to find and install new ones it was time to trade it in on a pickup truck.

I probably worked on that car 2 hours for every hour I drove it. That's the world of driving old English sports cars.

Last edited:

Brogan

New User
MGs and British made cars in general from the 60's/70's/80's have a terrible reputation.

All of them went out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS