Looking for older motor starter

shanghaipete

Pete
User
I'm in the middle of two machine restorations and looking for older (rusty is fine just needs to be functional) motor starters/switches. Single phase able to support at least 1 1/2 HP. Something like an old Allen Bradley (A-B) 609 or older cutler and hammer (see attached examples). I'm located in Cary, but happy to travel a little if needed.

Thanks!

Attachments

Ed D

Ed
Senior User
I'm in the middle of two machine restorations and looking for older (rusty is fine just needs to be functional) motor starters/switches. Single phase able to support at least 1 1/2 HP. Something like an old Allen Bradley (A-B) 609 or older cutler and hammer (see attached examples). I'm located in Cary, but happy to travel a little if needed.

Thanks!
If you haven't already, you might take a look at the OWWM.org site. Lots of restorations, and a classified section where you might find the starters you are searching for. I do some machine restorations, and have found the site invaluable.
Ed

shanghaipete

Pete
User
Thanks Ed. Definitely, having done a few restorations so far I spend more time than I should at OWWM. Just thought I would check on this site for something local as well.

Sourwould

Taylor
User
Got any good scrap yards in Cary? I used to go scrapping in Asheville and there was always some big chunk of American industry in the pile.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS