Looking for older motor starter

shanghaipete

Pete
User
I'm in the middle of two machine restorations and looking for older (rusty is fine just needs to be functional) motor starters/switches. Single phase able to support at least 1 1/2 HP. Something like an old Allen Bradley (A-B) 609 or older cutler and hammer (see attached examples). I'm located in Cary, but happy to travel a little if needed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Allen Bradley 609 size 1.jpg
    Allen Bradley 609 size 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Cutler Hammer.jpg
    Cutler Hammer.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 186

Ed D

Ed
Senior User
I'm in the middle of two machine restorations and looking for older (rusty is fine just needs to be functional) motor starters/switches. Single phase able to support at least 1 1/2 HP. Something like an old Allen Bradley (A-B) 609 or older cutler and hammer (see attached examples). I'm located in Cary, but happy to travel a little if needed.

Thanks!
If you haven't already, you might take a look at the OWWM.org site. Lots of restorations, and a classified section where you might find the starters you are searching for. I do some machine restorations, and have found the site invaluable.
Ed

shanghaipete

Pete
User
Thanks Ed. Definitely, having done a few restorations so far I spend more time than I should at OWWM. Just thought I would check on this site for something local as well.

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
Got any good scrap yards in Cary? I used to go scrapping in Asheville and there was always some big chunk of American industry in the pile.

sandfarm

Joe
User
Ed, did you find the starters you are looking for?
I can look to see what I have, if needed.
Joe
Snow Camp

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Damn ! I threw one away when I moved. I think I might still have a new start capacitor

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS