Looking for a power washer I can borrow or buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
If anyone is selling a small gas powered power washer I am looking for one.
Or if you live near Cary/Apex I can give you $20 to let me "rent" it and pick it up as I only need to clean a small spot on my driveway. So less then 4 hours it would be back home. :)
We sold our house and that is the last thing they asked us to "fix".

Thanks

M

McRabbet

Marlin,

I wish I could help, but I'm 240 miles away! I've got a 2500 PSI Gasoline powered washer that I use for lots of washing (deck, sidewalk, vinyl siding, car, gutters, etc.) and I've helped neighbors with it. If you don't find one locally from one of our members, I have rented equipment at the Fuquay-Varina Home Depot and they will give you a 1/2 day rental on one, I'm sure (I rented a 2-man power auger there last year to dig the post holes for a fence for my daughter's home in Apex).

Rob

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Marlin, if you don't hook up with Pete I also have a 4000 psi unit (with a turbo nozzle - doubles the power). I'm in New Hill - about 15 minutes from Apex.

You may want to consider pre-soaking the stain with some of the "purple degreaser cleaner" or some Go-Jo before pressure washing.

Scott
919-291-0095

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
no, Scott, I don't have one, and I would be a fair bit farther ride than you or Joe.... I would have fun blasting holes in my driveway with that much power.:eusa_whis

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Not to hijack a topic, but if anyone around Yadkin County need a pressure washer, I have a 4HP power washer (Northern Tool, Honda engine).

Marlin

New User
Marlin
I just wanted to thank everybody that offered help. I REALLY want to thank Scott. Not only did he let me, someone he has never met, use his power washer. But he even delivered. Scott is a true gentleman and his veins are full of southern hospitality. Thank you very much sir. :eusa_clap

Of course even his HD washer was unable to really clean the oil stain up. The rest of the drive way and walk way look great. Of course it did take some paint off the house. Opps. :oops:
Has anybody ever used acid? I am afraid it will make the area to white/clean then the rest of my driveway.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Marlin,

Did you try to use "Greased Lightning" at full strength? I sprayed a couple of bad spots on my garage floor, let to soak for about 20 minutes and used a coarse brush - then rinsed with clear water. It took almost the whole oil stain away.

Worth a try............

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Marlin, it was great meeting you today, and I wish you well with your upcoming move to DC.

If you can't fit that nice, new Shop Fox jointer into your moving van, let me know. I'll be glad to "store" it for you! :lol:

Good luck with the muriatic acid - hopefully it will do the trick.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS