Looking for a Drill Press …Found One!!!

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I am looking for a drill press that would be set up just to use with a mortising attachment. An older good one that someone wants to part with would be great.I’m just looking for now and don’t have a lot to put in one. This is kind of a future project. TIA!!!

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I have a clean and complete Delta mortising attachment (circa 1992) that I can/would part with for $80, including 1/4 and 3/8" chisel/bits and an unused pair of Lee Valley conical diamond hones. Probably uneconomical to ship. I'm in Kernersville. I used it a few times on my (then) Delta press and later on my Steel City, and I believe it will fit most common import presses with a 66mm quill diameter. This set does not have a case or extra collars for smaller quills.

Traceg

New User
Trace
Thanks Ed. Mike, I went down and measured the quill diameter on the non-moving portion where I would imagine any attachments would mount to (the press currently has a depth gauge mounted in this location). The quill diameter on this benchtop model appears to be ~52mm (~2.05"). Looks like the Rikon and other mortising attachment sets offer a series of bushings that allow you to use those attachments on just about any quill size. Just wanted to point that out in case the nice attachment that Ed has will only fit a 66mm quill size.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Thanks Ed. Mike, I went down and measured the quill diameter on the non-moving portion where I would imagine any attachments would mount to (the press currently has a depth gauge mounted in this location). The quill diameter on this benchtop model appears to be ~52mm (~2.05"). Looks like the Rikon and other mortising attachment sets offer a series of bushings that allow you to use those attachments on just about any quill size. Just wanted to point that out in case the nice attachment that Ed has will only fit a 66mm quill size.
Yes, it looks as if some newer sets include a variety of collar adapters for varying quills.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a clean and complete Delta mortising attachment (circa 1992) that I can/would part with for $80, including 1/4 and 3/8" chisel/bits and an unused pair of Lee Valley conical diamond hones. Probably uneconomical to ship. I'm in Kernersville. I used it a few times on my (then) Delta press and later on my Steel City, and I believe it will fit most common import presses with a 66mm quill diameter. This set does not have a case or extra collars for smaller quills.
Hi Ed
I have already picked up one from another guy on here… It was a great deal. I appreciate it though! Thanks!!!

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Hi Ed
I have already picked up one from another guy on here… It was a great deal. I appreciate it though! Thanks!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors