Location on Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threejs

New User
David
Could location be a column on the classifieds page? It sure would save some clicking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't understand what you are asking for :dontknow:
As far as I can tell the Members information incuding location is included in the listing.
If you would like to see the Classified being broken up into Regions, That could happen, you will just have to ask Bas really nice.

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Could location be a column on the classifieds page? It sure would save some clicking.
Hi David,

I could see where this would be useful. If someone is selling a 15" planer, it'd be nice to know whether it's 10 miles or 100 miles away. But, I'm not sure about automatically pulling it from the seller's profile. That may not always be accurate.

Let me think about it for a bit. Don't hesitate to bump this thread.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Could a field be created for the seller to enter their zip code when filling out the classified ad?

That way the information would be accurate and a general location would be known.

Sully

New User
jay
How 'bout everyone just bring everything that is for sale to me. That way it is all in one place and everyone will know where it is located. I have plenty of storage.

No, seriously.

J

:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Could a field be created for the seller to enter their zip code when filling out the classified ad?

That way the information would be accurate and a general location would be known.
Creating another field is simple enough, as is pulling the user's location from the profile. A zipcode would work, but a textual description would allow something like "Greater Raleigh area", which would be convenient for "Wanted" ads.

Let me ponder it while I feast on Christmas cookies....

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Let me ponder it while I feast on Christmas cookies....

What? Christmas cookies??? And you're not sharing w/ the Charlotte guys?

Looks like I'll just have to get back to work and drool over thoughts of eating Christmas cookies and browsing NCWW.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Location is now part of the item description, so you can quickly see if something is near to you. The Location field should be searchable too.

Of course, you won't see any of this until a new ad is posted, or someone edits his or her existing ad! I'll waive the classifieds posting fee for the first three people to include a location :rolf:

(just kidding - ads are free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS