Local source for Applyply

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacific493

New User
Brian
I need to buy some plywood that is between 1" and 1 1/4" thick for a project and was looking at Applyply, but am not sure where I can buy it. Does anyone know of any retail sources for it in RTP or within an hours drive?

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff

You might want to check with these folks:

Jackson International Corp.

6017 NC Highway 55
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526-7919
Phone: 919-577-9994
Cell - 919-539-5510
jacksonintl@aol.com

Not sure if they have it but would be interested in 3/4" appleply if you find some.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
I havn't seen apple ply in a while - I know it was designed and marketed as a competitive substitue for russian/baltic birch plywood - The sales pitch was always "Apple ply is As American as apple pie"

I tend to just use baltic birch ply - Although the 4x8 sizes of apple ply was convienient

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Ditto on what Greg said. I would buy Appleply, but have never seen it.

You might also check the Wurth Group in Raleigh. They have a LOT of different grades and sizes of plywood including baltic birch in multiple thicknesses.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Ditto on what Greg said. I would buy Appleply, but have never seen it.

You might also check the Wurth Group in Raleigh. They have a LOT of different grades and sizes of plywood including baltic birch in multiple thicknesses.

Actually, the last time I saw apple ply, it was through Baer supply in Depew, NY, which is owned by Wurth, so it may be a viable lead

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Apple Ply or Applply is just a US made version of Baltic Birch- It's name, a play on words, as someone here said, came from the advertising, because it was "American as apple pie." It is made from Birch (and sometimes Alder), not Apple wood, so you might as well buy Baltic Birch if it is available.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Apple Ply or Applply is just a US made version of Baltic Birch- It's name, a play on words, as someone here said, came from the advertising, because it was "American as apple pie." It is made from Birch, not Apple wood, so you might as well buy Baltic Birch if it is available.

Unless you're wanting a domestic product, or prefer working with a 4x8 sheet size. Those 5x5s are a PIA to move by yourself unless you've got really long arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors