Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
A friend of mine used to run the 84 Lumber up in Raleigh and always said that they could order it for me- but I don't recall pricing it out. Might want to give them a ring and see.

I am looking at this for reference (and may be what I purchase):
http://www.noahsmarine.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=MER10884.

So 4 sheets (what I need) is ~ $150 + $129 delivered to a business address; another $40 to a residence.

I am not in a huge hurry; this is "in the coming months". The wood has the biggest lead time if I want a good deal.

This is what I am planning to build:
http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/WV13_study.htm?prod=WV13

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check with the Hardwood Store and with Klingspor to see if it is something they can order for you through their suppliers.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have requested quotes from 84, HardwoodStore and Klingspor. Anchor's page indicates that they don't carry the 4mm meranti. One advantage I had hoped to get if I find it local is being able to lay hands on some before buying, but I am not sure if anyone stocks it in driving distance.

95vette

New User
Jim
Hello, Try World Panel Products in Windsor N.C. 252-794-9944 they supply the boat building industry in Manteo and beach area, they are in Windsor because they supplied a building for them to use, Florida company. About two hours drive or less for you straight down 64 to Williamston then 17 to Windsor, check website for what they have, good luck. Jim

cfresque

New User
Trevor
Your best bet is going to be Okoume 1088 due to its weight and strength. World Panel Products is a good co. to deal with. I also have bought from Atlantic Veneer in Beaufort NC but that has been awhile ago. If you still can't find it PM me and I have a few other places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS