Little gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
I was searching Craig's list for a table saw and there was a Ryobi BT 3000 in Hillsborough for $150. Guy selling it had it in his garage for years since his father died, but it was in good shape, had the manual, a mobile base, and was less than 10 minutes away.

I know it's not a monster table saw, but it has a much nicer fence than my little skill saw as well as a small sliding table, and I just want to be able to make accurate cuts on jewelery box sized items. So I'm excited.

Now I just have to set it up.

Todd

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Suckage pending photographic proof.

That's a good saw there are a lot of folks who have it and really like it. And you can't beat $150 for it either.
Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No pics, no gloat, didn't happen. It is nothing more than a dream, imaginary.

Any acquisition and upgrade is worthy of a gloat. It doesn't have to be a monster tool, to be a upgrade and something to be proud of.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
sounds like you may have gotten a good deal. seems I remember someone on WN parting one out for nearly $300 when finished adding up the inventory/prices.

Toddler

New User
Todd
Ok :lol:
I'll take a picture this evening and try to post it.
I noticed it kind of matches the bandsaw, so I have a color coordinated saw set.
Todd

DavidF

New User
David
Ok :lol:
I'll take a picture this evening and try to post it.
I noticed it kind of matches the bandsaw, so I have a color coordinated saw set.
Todd

And that is a very important thing for good workshop Karma:lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ok, we'll wait on the pix. Rules are rules :eusa_naug

Meanwhile, that tablesaw has a great reputation and tons of info on the BT3.central site. IIRC Gofor and a couple other NCWWers are members . . . hey, I lurk on other sites occasionally :eusa_sile

Roger

Toddler

New User
Todd
Trying to attach a pic. hmmm? Hey, look at that, it worked.

Wish I could match my clothing that well! :roll:

I'll put it back together and set it up this weekend. The fence is tucked away in the corner of the garage, not in the picture, but seemed really secure for a lightweight saw before we took it off to fit it in my car. Yeah, I'm excited :eusa_danc

Todd

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 141

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Proof positive...YOU SUCK!!!

BTW, I have a friend who bought one of those a while back for some home project work. He loves it!!! Nice step up in quality and you've found great value. :icon_thum

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Hmmm..... Weren't you the one that didn't have space for tools? Bandsaw, now a tablesaw.... It just keeps coming and coming doesn't it?

Congrats!

Toddler

New User
Todd
Hmmm..... Weren't you the one that didn't have space for tools? Bandsaw, now a tablesaw.... It just keeps coming and coming doesn't it?

Congrats!

Shhhhh, I keep telling my wife that they're all little ones. And the gray color blend into the garage walls so well that you can barely see them.

Todd

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
I have had the BT 3100 table saw for 3 years now, it is not a real heavy duty saw but if you take the time to set it up right, aline it the right way it can do some real nice work.
dick

pslamp32

New User
Peter

cskipper

Cathy
Shhhhh, I keep telling my wife that they're all little ones. And the gray color blend into the garage walls so well that you can barely see them.

Todd

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: Trust me, she knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors