Links to free power tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxman

New User
Matt
Just thought that title would get more traffic "New Guy from Raleigh".

A while back, I was taking a class at our local Woodcraft store, where one of the managers recommended this site. I had good intentions of joining, but it kept slipping my mind.

A year and a half has passed since that class, and I now have a basic shop set-up in my garage. I'm currently faced with the dilemma of unlimited power tool "wants", with a limited budget. I'm trying to resolve the dilemma by separating the "wants" from the "needs".

So, I turned to North Carolina Woodworker, where I figured the local gurus could assist in my decision. I joined the site and posted a thread on the "Workshops" forum titled "Bandsaw or planer?". Initially I was leaning toward the bandsaw. However, numerous pro-planer replies have swayed my opinion, and I'm now considering the purchase of both tools.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ahhh the famed and often misunderstood [by our wives ] woodguy deseise!:rolf: enjoy the ride!:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

fred

macdaddy

New User
Steve
Welcome to the group Matt. Usually you do not need a catchy title to a post to get attention. New guy from Raleigh would normally bring a dozen replys but I guess that since this is a holiday weekend a lot of our regulars are out of town. Getting back to your workshop; do you have a table saw? Table saws are very basic in woodworking shops. The group really likes pictures. When you get started on some projects put some pictures in the photo gallery. Once again, Welcome.

macdaddy

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group! You will get LOTS of input about tools and lot of willingness to help you spend your money (wisely, of course). Enjoy - glad you finally joined us.

Boxman

New User
Matt
To date: Workshop consists of 10" Contractor Table Saw, 12" Chop Saw, Router Table, Leigh Dovetail Jig for Router, Bosche router motor that has bases for table, plunge, fixed base, and dovetail applications, benchtop drill press, dust removal for table saw / chop saw / router, and my neighbor's bandsaw (borrowed). I also have wide assortment of clamps, powered hand-sanders, and bench planes.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome again Matt, it sounds like you have a pretty good shop set up. That is basically all I have to work with. But it seems like you have caught a bit of WGD, so run with it, and have fun.
Dave:) :)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Matt! Glad that Tom Ferone (Toolferone on the site) gave you the nudge even though it took you a while to exercise his good intentions! Sounds like you're well on your way to a well-equipped shop that will enable you to fabricate many type of projects -- but you've got to post some pictures to prove that you really have all of these goodies!

Happy to have you join us -- we think you'll enjoy it here!

Rob

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to the gang, Matt. I can honestly say that you can get your questions answered, even if ther Q isn't about woodworking. Well, the "meaning of life" question is still without a conclusive answer.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome to the gang, Matt. I can honestly say that you can get your questions answered, even if ther Q isn't about woodworking. Well, the "meaning of life" question is still without a conclusive answer.

Tom, the answer is 42
:lol:

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Matt,

Welcome to the site...you'll surely enjoy the great group of folks here and the helpful atmosphere.

BTW, don't forget to include your address and directions to your place so that the members can mosey on over and pick through the "FREE TOOLS" :qgreenjumyou so generously advertised in your header.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Tom, the answer is 42
:lol:

Well, that certainly explains a myriad of mysteries that have plagued me since I trekked the path up those steep Tibetan mountains to inquire of the Dalai Lama the answer to that vexing question, and he told me it was 47.

Never again must I measure twice, and now that I have corrected that misinformation, I will never have to contend with a board that is too short. I think I shall continue to unplug the equipment before I muck with the blades, though.

It is a source of amazement when one ponders the answers this site provides.

Thanks.

PS: I certainly hope the Dalai's answer to "what women want" was correct.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hey Matt,

Welcome to the site...you'll surely enjoy the great group of folks here and the helpful atmosphere.

BTW, don't forget to include your address and directions to your place so that the members can mosey on over and pick through the "FREE TOOLS" :qgreenjumyou so generously advertised in your header.

Yeah you did offer up free power tools.....

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Well, that certainly explains a myriad of mysteries that have plagued me since I trekked the path up those steep Tibetan mountains to inquire of the Dalai Lama the answer to that vexing question, and he told me it was 47.

Never again must I measure twice, and now that I have corrected that misinformation, I will never have to contend with a board that is too short. I think I shall continue to unplug the equipment before I muck with the blades, though.

It is a source of amazement when one ponders the answers this site provides.

Thanks.

The Dalai Lama was still in Tibet when you went to see him? Wow

PS: I certainly hope the Dalai's answer to "what women want" was correct.

Remember, due to women changing their minds constantly, that answer was probably only right at the moment it was provided:roll:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Matt!
Enjoy, share, and learn :mrgreen:
Well, everyone else was being philosophical :roll:

Roger (who thought the Dalai Lama lived in Dalai-wood :drunken_s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS