Lingerie Chest Still a long way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Here's the beginings of the lingerie chest the LOML has wanted since she saw it in one of my issues of Wood Magazine.

No I did not get all of this done today, this has been about 8 weeks in the making. The case side panels are cherry ply, the legs are cut from 8/4 stock. That was interesting trying to handle that heavy piece of lumber. Everything else except the drawer sides will be from this cherry I picked up at Mark Patterson Sawmill a while back.

First the case sides

Next the inside of the case. After the big fopa the last time I did dados I made a dado jig for use with the router, worked much better and a lot easier to line up. I went with pocket hole joinery to attach the ply sides to the legs.

Dust panel glueups. This is what I worked on today after I got home from Woodworkers Supply, I had to stop by and see Tom and check out the truck. :icon_thum I have 5 of the 8 assembled.

First time trying any type of groove and tennon joinery. Wished they all looked this good. I have to remake the side rails for 2 of the dust panels. I discovered that there was a dip in the middle of my stock TS insert and it let the rails move a little when I was cutting the groves, just enough to make the tennons too loose to glue. :eusa_doh:We will be replacing it with a good zero clearenc insert.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Bryan, it looks like you've done some fine work on that project. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Where did you purchase the cherry ply?

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
looks like you've made a good start! :thumbs_up
love the cherry, I need to try a project in cherry, now that I have some.

next come all those drawers - dovetails?
Dan

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
WOW, can't wait to see the finished project. You have a great start. Please keep the pictures coming.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks Bryan. My sister has lived in that big city for over 3 years now and I still haven't been to that store. It always seems to be closed when we're up there for a visit. I've heard great things about it!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Tom I have decided to go with blind dovetails on the drawer construction (which will be another first for me) and most likely will use soft maple for the drawer sides.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job Bryan:icon_thum LOML seen the same chest and hinted that she would love to have that whole set :swoon: I will have to ley someone else tackle that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS