Like Link ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Happy New Year boys and girls :wsmile: I have a question for our techie people. As of this morning a blue link shortcut is appearing in every post I go to. The word is thus : Like I have not clicked on it for fear of launching something diabolical. Did we do this or is it something insidious ?:dontknow:

Glennbear

Glenn
Thank you Bas and SteveColes for the demonstration of the safety and utility of the LIKE link. Just as a picture is worth a thousand words, a demo is worth much more than a lengthy explanation. :wsmile:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Happy New Year boys and girls :wsmile: I have a question for our techie people. As of this morning a blue link shortcut is appearing in every post I go to. The word is thus : Like I have not clicked on it for fear of launching something diabolical. Did we do this or is it something insidious ?:dontknow:
We we installed the vbseo update, this was a new feature turned on by default. I left it that way just to see what people think of it. Usage of Like rather than starred ratings is the "in" thing.

It also does/will play into the overall seo as well. It has a way(not used) of importing the thanks system into the likes. However, in my mind, thank you is different than

Oh,BTW, don't confuse this with Facebook's like.

Glennbear

Glenn
We we installed the vBulletin SEO update, this was a new feature turned on by default. I left it that way just to see what people think of it. Usage of Like rather than starred ratings is the "in" thing.

It also does/will play into the overall Search Engine Optimization as well. It has a way(not used) of importing the thanks system into the likes. However, in my mind, thank you is different than

Oh,BTW, don't confuse this with Facebook's like.

Thanks for the explanation Steve, the similarity with the FB thingie and the number of corruptions attempted on FB software by evildoers was part of my original concern. I do use FB but I am selective in my usage. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS