Lignum Vitae roller guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Check out VBX Bearings. They carry THOUSANDS of different bearings. A set of eight 608-2RS ( kit 8339) will set you back $10.37. These are SEALED bearings.

Bruce, thanks for the info. I bookmarked the site for future reference. Thanks. Just fyi, I think the VBX was accidentally transposed from VXB.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I buy skate board bearings from Amazon.com IIRC they are less than $10 for eight or ten. Search for the size and you will see lots of entries.

That size as can be seen in the above photos is 608. Various sellers use various suffixes to indicate whether the bearing is sealed or shielded. Those in Mad Dog's photos are shielded. Sealed bearings will last longer in that dusty environment because dust eventually gets between the shield and the inner race. Sealed bearings are more expensive than shielded by a petty amount when buying in small quantities.

Lignum vitae is great bearing stock but only in a qualified sense. It works best under water such as a ship's bearing or generator bearing in a hydroelectric dam. By itself, its as good as most hardwoods in that density range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS