Lighted Bottle Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I turned a lighted stand for a bottle I sandblasted the other day. I drilled a hole in the center of the stand to hold a LED pocket flashlight I picked up at Advance Auto. The wood is a chunk of poplar fire wood and finished with super glue sanded to 1000 grit and carnuba wax.

Bottle_stand.JPG

Lighted_Botle.JPG

It gives off a lot more light than I expected.

Rick Doby

sawduster

New User
Robert
now that's pretty danged clever :icon_thum
I am assuming the bottom is still in the bottle and the light fits flush into the stand ?

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Robert,

You're right about the bottle and the flashlight. The switch is on the back end of the flashlight. I dropped a penny down the hole to give the button something to rest on. This way you just have to push down on the flashlight to turn it on and not have to take it out.

Rick Doby

sawduster

New User
Robert
Robert,

You're right about the bottle and the flashlight. The switch is on the back end of the flashlight. I dropped a penny down the hole to give the button something to rest on. This way you just have to push down on the flashlight to turn it on and not have to take it out.

Rick Doby

brilliant .....simply brilliant :icon_thum I really like the idea and looks like I may have to steal it from ya :gar-Bi
Your design/idea ? Of course I'll give ya credit .......no money though, just credit :gar-La;

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
What a great project, from idea through fulfillment!:cool: This might be a topic of conversation in your house for a long time...along with nudging requests for one:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS